Ive Got News ............

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting a new baby boy! I'm very excited. I asked John if he wanted to adopt him but he said no. He wants to start out with an older cat. So tomorow I'm picking up my new baby. Somone on a different board I go to emailed me about a litle kitten in their local AC that has a Grade 3 heart murmur. He's perfectly healthy other then that. She isnt sure about his age. But he's Gray with white paws.
They were going to put him to sleep today but I called her just in time. So I'm going to have another special boy. Hopefully things work out better this time. But even if I can just give him a few good months like I did with Gheery then I will be happy. Now I need names...... Any suggestions? I want something kind of unusual.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! He sounds very pretty indeed, and he is lucky to have some one like you to care for him.

As for names - I like:

ASHO\t- Pure of heart - Persian

DYRE - Dear Heart - Scandinavian

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Congrats! He sounds very pretty indeed, and he is lucky to have some one like you to care for him.

As for names - I like:

ASHO\t- Pure of heart - Persian

DYRE - Dear Heart - Scandinavian
Asho is a very cool name. Thats a great idea. I should look into names that have to do with the heart. Asho. Hey does Takoa sound like a boys name or girls? Its the name John likes. But I think it kinda sounds like a girls name.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good deal Amber. You know you are meant to have lots of cats, and Gheery would be so supportive of you taking in another one.

No name ideas though. Heck, I got my dog's name here, so I'm no help.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Good deal Amber. You know you are meant to have lots of cats, and Gheery would be so supportive of you taking in another one.

No name ideas though. Heck, I got my dog's name here, so I'm no help.
You know for someone who doesnt like cats I sure do have alot and do alot with them. I only foster kittens and have 3 well 4 cats.
I think Bagheera loves that I'm helping other kitties like him. At least I hope he does. I think this kitten will be the perfect thing. Sorta a way to honor Bagheera.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

You know for someone who doesnt like cats I sure do have alot and do alot with them. I only foster kittens and have 3 well 4 cats.
I think Bagheera loves that I'm helping other kitties like him. At least I hope he does. I think this kitten will be the perfect thing. Sorta a way to honor Bagheera.
I think it's the perfect thing to do! I cannot applaud you enough for taking him in....I know I would've.
I'm a sucker for the special needs ones. When do you get him so we can expect pics?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think it's the perfect thing to do! I cannot applaud you enough for taking him in....I know I would've.
I'm a sucker for the special needs ones. When do you get him so we can expect pics?
Thanks. I'm very excited. I hope he settles in well. And that my girls will be nice to him. Buddy will love him he's the daddy to any kittens that come into this house. He just licks them and licks them and cuddles them. Hmmm I will try to get a pic on tomorow sometime. But its going to be very busy. I'm going to be gone this weekend. So If I cant get one on tomorow then you guys will have to wait til Monday.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations on the new baby!

Names with "some" meaning of heart in them .......

Leb ... Hebrew ... meaning heart
Darick ... Irish ... strong hearted
Corwin.... English .... friend of the heart
Chane/Chaney .... French ... oak hearted (strong)

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can give that kitty even just one happy week, you will have given him the great gift of love. I applaud your decision to take him on.

I have no idea about names, I have to see a cat to have ideas! Radar became Radar when we were 5 mins out of his mum's meowmy's house, when I said to Nate 'would you look at those ears, they're like radar dishes, we have to call him radar'

I don't know anything about the name Takoa, does it have a particular meaning?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can give that kitty even just one happy week, you will have given him the great gift of love. I applaud your decision to take him on.
Thank You!

I don't know anything about the name Takoa, does it have a particular meaning?
Well he would be named after the astronaut Takoa Doi.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a wonderful thing to do. Most people wouldn't want the heartache of a kitten they know won't have a full lifespan. But I think it's great. Cherish every day that you have together. Can't wait to see pics.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Well he would be named after the astronaut Takoa Doi.
Psst! His name is Takao Doi.

Takao is a Japanese name meaning filial/high/noble man.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Everyone! Its driving me crazy not knowing exactly what he looks like. Only info I was able to get was that he's about 9ish weeks old, gray with white paws and that he has the heart murmur. The woman who told me about him had met him once before he was checked out at the vets and his whole litter is gray with different white markings. So she isnt sure which one he is. So I guess I have to be patient. He will be my first gray cat ever. I also found outhe wont be neutered but they will pay for half of it if/when my vet gives him the all clear to be neutered. They wont be paying for any of his test though to find out what caused the heart murmur. Another not so cheap kitty. But oh well.