My roomie is a WIMP!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I've mentioned in some other threads that Ferris has taken a liking to my roomie - most specifically because I'm the "bad guy" who does all the "mean" things to him, like vet appointments, nail clipping, getting goopies out of his eyes, etc, whereas my roomie is the "nice" one who never attempts to "torture" poor Ferris.

Well, I've been trying to get my roomie to help me when I need to care for Ferris, to NO avail.

The other night I gave Ferris too much cheese by accident, and he pooped a little bit on himself.
Poor boy, my fault, I sorry! So I asked my roomie to please give a try at helping me by wiping off his butt as I held Ferris for him.

Then I got ahold of Ferris, and had him held still for exactly 5 seconds before he started squirming and clawing. Meanwhile, my roomie sat there with the cloth in his hand and a stupid look on his face.

I held Ferris as long as I possibly could - with my roomie doing NOTHING, then had to let him go as I was starting to get a bit clawed up. Ferris TOOK OFF into the other room, and I turned on my roomie demanding to know why he sat there doing NOTHING while I held Ferris.

His answer? "I was afraid I'd get scratched."

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Hello!!! What a total wuss! Now I know for SURE that I can't count on him to EVER help me, because he might get scwatched! Poor 40-something year old baby boy, afraid of getting scwatched by the big scary 6 month old kitty!

But I guess it's ok to sit there doing nothing while I get scratched!

Can you tell I'm a little aggravated?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How funny. I can't believe you got him to agree to wipe poop off your cat's butt!! That's impressive for a start...

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

How funny. I can't believe you got him to agree to wipe poop off your cat's butt!! That's impressive for a start...
I was thinking the same thing. My boyfriend loves my kitty, but I don't think I could ever get him to agree to doing something like that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, this guy has raised cats before, AND children, AND changed poopy diapers, so honestly, what's a little poop? This wasn't anywhere NEAR as bad as some diapers he's changed!

It's the fact that he's afraid of being scratched that just KILLS me! I'm not afraid of it, why should he be? SHEESH!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm, I didn't know that the rear end of a cat could scratch. Or maybe it was the poopie that could scratch.
Maybe you should ask him.

I have the same problem with my husband and Ophelia. Not because he's scared of getting scratched...because he doesn't want her to get mad at him.
She's a cat - she'll forgive you!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Hmm, I didn't know that the rear end of a cat could scratch. Or maybe it was the poopie that could scratch.

I have the same problem with my husband and Ophelia. Not because he's scared of getting scratched...because he doesn't want her to get mad at him.
You know - that could be it. He might prefer to be seen as a wuss than to risk his relationship with Ferris. For some reason he seems to REALLY enjoy lording it over me that MY Ferris (I am the one that spends all my $$ to adopt/care for this boy while my roomie makes almost zero contribution) prefers him to me.

If Ferris gets mad at him, he won't be able to rub it into my face anymore.

Hmmm....
...that COULD be it....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm with Heidi, I didn't know that end scratched

I had a similar situation with my ex when Sapphire needed a bath once, I told him, you hold her and I'll scrub... well of course he didn't get a good grip on her and guess who she scratched to ribbons?? No, not him, ME!!!! Men!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Typical conversation in our house.

Him: Honey, Fill in cat name has a nail that is clicking on the floor.
Me: then cut it
Him: I can't - she might scratch me.
Me:

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Typical conversation in our house.

Him: Honey, Fill in cat name has a nail that is clicking on the floor.
Me: then cut it
Him: I can't - she might scratch me.
Me:

OMG...so it's another one of those "guy" things? Men? Care to chime in?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb