A little peed off!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so DH and I are selling a kayak. Its almost brand new and we're including the paddles, lifejacket, wet bag and everything. We paid WELL OVER $600 for it. We're asking $400 which is a great price for all the accessories too.
What's making me SOOO mad is this guy called me yesterday morning about it. Said he was VERY interested in it and wanted to come look at it around 2:00-2:30 yesterday afternoon. He never called or showed up. I tried to call him and nothing.
So finally around 5pm he called and said he got tied up with work and would be here at 10:30 and BEGGED me to hold it for him. I agreed and understood about his work... well he has NOT showed up again. I tried calling him but he isn't answering... Should I go ahead and sell it to this other guy who's interested? What do I tell the first guy if he does show up or call?

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just sell it to the other guy. No point selling to someone who is a flake. His check might even bounce, or a fake money order or even a counterfeit bill. Maybe he will haggle the price with you and ask you if you take credit cards
Don't need to waste your time on a person like that.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dixie, I would sell it. If someone else is willing to pay you $400 for it, then do it. If he calls back just tell him you snooze you lose. What are you supposed to do, wait around all day like your waiting for the cable company????
That is SO annoying!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Dixie, I would sell it. If someone else is willing to pay you $400 for it, then do it. If he calls back just tell him you snooze you lose. What are you supposed to do, wait around all day like your waiting for the cable company????
That is SO annoying!
That's what I was thinking.
I hate selling stuff. People will try an talk you down from the price when it says FIRM.

Like when I sell stuff on ebay. people will email me saying "If you don't have a bigger then contact me after the auction ends, we can NEGOTIATE a price"

WTH? Ebay is supposed to go UP in price, not down

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittyprincess

sell it!!! i agree with everyone else! i have one question what does DH mean?
DH means Dear Husband or in mines case sometimes Dumb Husband

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's not there when he says he's going to be, and you already have someone else lined up that's ready and willing to buy it. Then I would go ahead and sell it. It's his fault for not being there on time, not yours. You could miss out on a sale if you wait around for this guy. The other guy could find something else to buy, and this guy could never show up.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone!
I am going to assume this guy didn't want it. I am thinking about relisting it on Ebay if this OTHER guy falls through. I hope not

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Ok so DH and I are selling a kayak. Its almost brand new and we're including the paddles, lifejacket, wet bag and everything. We paid WELL OVER $600 for it. We're asking $400 which is a great price for all the accessories too.
What's making me SOOO mad is this guy called me yesterday morning about it. Said he was VERY interested in it and wanted to come look at it around 2:00-2:30 yesterday afternoon. He never called or showed up. I tried to call him and nothing.
So finally around 5pm he called and said he got tied up with work and would be here at 10:30 and BEGGED me to hold it for him. I agreed and understood about his work... well he has NOT showed up again. I tried calling him but he isn't answering... Should I go ahead and sell it to this other guy who's interested? What do I tell the first guy if he does show up or call?
SELL IT TO THE RELIABLE GUY... You have to teach the guy a lesson.. If he wants to make a promise,, Keep it!!! Otherwise you snooozee,, you loseee...

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

That's what I was thinking.
I hate selling stuff. People will try an talk you down from the price when it says FIRM.

Like when I sell stuff on ebay. people will email me saying "If you don't have a bigger then contact me after the auction ends, we can NEGOTIATE a price"

WTH? Ebay is supposed to go UP in price, not down
BTW:: People do that to me all the time on Ebay.. This one person emailed me on an XBOX 360,, telling me to end my auction and he'd give me $50 bucks for it.. Whatever dude.. I sold it for $320 bucks.. So people are idiots!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, sell it to the other person.

When I sell stuff I show it to anyone who is interested and sell it to the first person who holds out cash to either hold it for them, or to buy it outright right then.

Many people will call and express interest but not show up. Others will be like the first guy you describe. Ask you to hold it sight unseen, and not show up, in the meantime you've passed up legitimate offers and in the end are stuck with the item because the guy never shows and those who were interested found something elsewhere.

Never hold onto anything unless the person has given you cash to do so.

Oh, and when you sell it, make sure you give a receipt stating "sold as is".