Cats living outside

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

My fiance lives in Philly and he saw several cats living behind his apartment building outside. They were huddled together on some cardboard. He would like to take them in but isn't allowed to have them at his apartment. So, he is going to give them food and try to figure out a temporary shelter.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is willing to give any of them a home please let us know. We're going to look into getting them fixed.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by furbum

Hi,

My fiance lives in Philly and he saw several cats living behind his apartment building outside. They were huddled together on some cardboard. He would like to take them in but isn't allowed to have them at his apartment. So, he is going to give them food and try to figure out a temporary shelter.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is willing to give any of them a home please let us know. We're going to look into getting them fixed.
There are a couple of TNR groups that your fiance could call....right now, it is crucial to get these cats spayed/neutered and set them up with a shelter. After that, you can try to place them IF they are friendly.

http://www.alleycat.org/orgs.html#pa

Katie

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Is there a PetSMart, with a Cat Angel Network nearby? www.catangel.org. I volunteer for them, in Downingtown, Pa, not too far from Philly. The actual shelter is located in Pottstown, but they also have cats at the D'town store, and that's where the volunteers are on weekends, too. They can help you trap the cats. Please look at their site, and see if they can help you (they are a no-kill shelter; and they LOVE their cats--trust me!)

Good luck! You're such kind people to care about the cats.

P.S. I see that you're located in St. Louis; is your fiance in Philadelphia, PA??? At any rate, there may be a Cat Angel shelter near you if he's not in PA; but I'm not sure. Perhaps another shelter in his area can help him, if he's not in PA Philly.

MargeCat