Tips for trash tipping kitties!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know Crittermom was having issues with her kitties knocking the trash can over and now my cat brat gang is doing it too. I figured something out.
Put a brick in the bottom of the trash can.. Not IN the BAG! Under it.. It works

Not even ginormous Tiger (exceeding 20lbs) can tip it now!

jamieemm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat was having that problem, but then we put the trash can in are pantry thing....and he opened the door (i dont know how) and hit the trash can till it fell over

i think i will try it your way!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bailey loves to knock over the one in the bedroom........the brick is a good idea!

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Any tips for cats who weigh around 15lbs jumping on top of the flip-up lid and crashing straight through breaking the lid?
lol
LOL, ya, put your trash can in a cupboard/closet.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a small swing-top wastebasket in the bathroom and Rowdy has learned how to remove the top and fish out ONLY the t.p. cores. Buddy will go after the kitchen trash, if there are chicken bones in there so, I now take them outside, right away.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine do not tip it.They get on the edge of it and lean into it to get food.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my trash under the sink and I finally had to put magnet locks on the doors cuz the cats were getting in. Duke always is up for getting what he considers "treats" any food that he get on his own is a treat.