Owwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! OMG! My scalp is in pain!!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch!!!! I'm in soo much pain at the moment! Uhhhhhh I think I should just chop all of my hair off!
I walked into the restroom a moment ago to take my make up off, when I noticed my hair was a little weird, so i started to brush it. Well, about two seconds later I realized I had a massive matt right above the nape of my neck. Now keep in mind, my hair is extremly long and wavy. It was soooooooo aweful!!! And the sucky thing is, I had just brushed my hair a few hours ago and haven't done anything to matt it- so i still have no clue how that happened. But omg did it hurt to get out!!!!!! Even the spray detangler doesn't help me! I put some conditioner on it instead and let it sit for a few minutes (usually that works wonders on tangles) - well, not this time!
It took me forever to get the matt out and I was screaming and cussin the entire time- poor Fosters looked soo confused
/ Well, I finally got it out...but now my scalp is in pain! Anyone else wish they were bald sometimes???

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That my dear friend is why I no longer keep my hair long.
It would take 48 hours for my hair to dry ALL the way.I had to have Shawn brush through it and it would take him 3-4 hours to get through the mess.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That brings back some bad memories of when I was growing up. Being the typical kid, I wasn't great at brushing my hair so I would get mats underneath at the base of my neck. My mother did not have the patience to work the mats so she would just brush at them and brush hard.

it does grow back.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

That my dear friend is why I no longer keep my hair long.
It would take 48 hours for my hair to dry ALL the way.I had to have Shawn brush through it and it would take him 3-4 hours to get through the mess.
I thought mine was bad at 12 hours. My condolences. I haven't had it long since high school because it was always wet and heavy.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Ouch!!!! I'm in soo much pain at the moment! Uhhhhhh I think I should just chop all of my hair off!
I walked into the restroom a moment ago to take my make up off, when I noticed my hair was a little weird, so i started to brush it. Well, about two seconds later I realized I had a massive matt right above the nape of my neck. Now keep in mind, my hair is extremly long and wavy. It was soooooooo aweful!!! And the sucky thing is, I had just brushed my hair a few hours ago and haven't done anything to matt it- so i still have no clue how that happened. But omg did it hurt to get out!!!!!! Even the spray detangler doesn't help me! I put some conditioner on it instead and let it sit for a few minutes (usually that works wonders on tangles) - well, not this time!
It took me forever to get the matt out and I was screaming and cussin the entire time- poor Fosters looked soo confused
/ Well, I finally got it out...but now my scalp is in pain! Anyone else wish they were bald sometimes???
ME! My hair anoys me like crazy. Its so thick and wavy and it gets tangled so easily. Sometimes I want to just cut it short but I know if I did it would turn into a curly mess instead. And thats even harder to deal with.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should mention- I'm keeping it really long until I get sick of it- and then I plan on donating it to "locks of love" so that's why it's not short. Also, I don't like the way i look with short hair, so when I do donate it, i want it to be long enough to still be about shoulder length and not any shorter- so that's why it's so long. It's normally gorgrous, but when it matts-it's just painfull!!! / Thanks for the suggestion Alycia- i'm definitely going to look into that!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I should mention- I'm keeping it really long until I get sick of it- and then I plan on donating it to "locks of love" so that's why it's not short. Also, I don't like the way i look with short hair, so when I do donate it, i want it to be long enough to still be about shoulder length and not any shorter- so that's why it's so long. It's normally gorgrous, but when it matts-it's just painfull!!! / Thanks for the suggestion Alycia- i'm definitely going to look into that!
Like I said, my hair is down to my waist, thick and curly. It only takes a quarter size dab of it for my hair.. it also makes it shiney and soft w/o feeling greasy

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

ME! My hair anoys me like crazy. Its so thick and wavy and it gets tangled so easily. Sometimes I want to just cut it short but I know if I did it would turn into a curly mess instead. And thats even harder to deal with.
Wait until Lava girl comes and wraps her hands in it.It won't take you long to chop it off.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Wait until Lava girl comes and wraps her hands in it.It won't take you long to chop it off.
I'm used to kids.
I learned pretty quick with my nieces to keep my hair up when Im around them. Hopefully I wont feel the need to cut it. Because it really does look crazy when its short.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
trust me, a shaved head is the way to go!!!!
not only that it makes for getting ready in the morning about 10 min faster

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

trust me, a shaved head is the way to go!!!!
not only that it makes for getting ready in the morning about 10 min faster
One day Colin (who now has a high & tight hair cut - the marine one for those of you who don't know what it looks like)...he decided to be "playfull" and mess my hair up- let's just say he NEVER did that again
lol...he learned quickly that hair=pain....and if he causes my hair pain- i cause him pain
...sometimes I wish I just had short hair like him instead of my long wavy hair - although that would look pretty bad on me to chop my hair off

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A great detangling product to try is "satin sheen". It's a detangler for horses manes and tails, but I've used it in my own hair and it works wonders.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

naw, i bet you would still look cute
Well thankyou. / Hehehe, but i think i'll still keep some hair on my head (well, at least for now -ask me that again the next time i brush my hair).
I might look strange with less hair than my boyfriend

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ouch! I know how it is. My hair is now down past my butt.
I am thinking about doing the locks of love thing too.... I just have to get the guts to chop it off.
It is a real pain to brush when wet.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anyone else wish they were bald sometimes???
Yep, which is why I keep my hair short now
I've had enough of long hair. I hate hair hanging on my neck and getting in my eyes. Not to mention the upkeep of having to wash and dry long hair. Now all I do is wash it, towel dry it and comb it. It's dry in about 5 minutes