Back problems

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone here with Back problems?

heres my story:

My back has been hurting for about 3 weeks now...pretty much consistantly.
Its my lower back mostly, sometimes it feels like my muscles and sometimes it feels like its my spine. Somedays sitting helps other days sitting is what makes it hurt. I walk like i got a stick up my rearend and no massage, icy/hot patch or mattress change will help. Relief is only temporarly and now Im starting to get winded or short of breath from the pain. a few years ago i was told by a neurologist i have fibromyalga and needed to get more active and that would help some of my symptoms..havent been to the gym in a while due to health issues and now the back pain keeps me outta the gym.

Anyone ever had this or know what could be wrong?

I did strain it a little 3 weeks ago helping move a dishwasher but the symptoms are changing. and I really didnt "lift" anything

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had a friend who had sciatica because of a problem with her hip bones not aligning. It caused her all sorts of pain in the lower back. She ended up doing physical therapy, seeing a chiropractor, and taking a couple weeks disability.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I had a friend who had sciatica because of a problem with her hip bones not aligning. It caused her all sorts of pain in the lower back. She ended up doing physical therapy, seeing a chiropractor, and taking a couple weeks disability.
ya know what..i just might take your advice...
I think my work would be flexable with that and my mom nags me to see a spine doctor. (chiropractor as everyone else calls em)

My sister has hip problems and has a whole butt load of problems..i might be in the same boat, i just never thought that would bother my back so much.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have back problems since I'm over weight.
DH put his back out and going to the Chiro was the only way he got his fixed.
I hope yours gets better SOON!!! Sending healing vibes your way.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

ya know what..i just might take your advice...
I think my work would be flexable with that and my mom nags me to see a spine doctor. (chiropractor as everyone else calls em)

My sister has hip problems and has a whole butt load of problems..i might be in the same boat, i just never thought that would bother my back so much.
Yep it can. If one thing isnt lined up right it messes up your back. I have arthritis is my hips and theyve been killing me lately that combined with my big ole baby belly Ive been having alot of back pain too. I would take some time off and go to the chiropractor. They can work wonders.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It is amazing how finely balanced our skeletal system is and how painful it is when it is out of alignment.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought, you said
Its my lower back mostly, sometimes it feels like my muscles and sometimes it feels like its my spine.
is it in the middle? Or the sides of your back?
If it's the sides, it *could* be your kidneys.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
depending on how bad it is, i would say its time to go get it checked.
even more so if any of the pain is starting to go down your legs or any strange feelings in your legs and feet.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Just a thought, you said
is it in the middle? Or the sides of your back?
If it's the sides, it *could* be your kidneys.
I thought about that too, my mom has had those and always warns me about them.
Most of the time its the middle
but the last two days its been the side. Its like a traveling pain..here then there. I dunno how to explain it.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh you guys...
the worst part is I have a desk job.
so sitting ruins me!
you guys are right..i might need to take some time off but financially I dont think i can, I just bought a new car and I have nice big juicey monthly payments. so I might have to just work through the pain while getting therapy.
Boy I tell ya..Im 22 and I feel like Im 62 (no offense to the 62 year olds in the house)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o.k.
this may sound stupid, but here goes...........
does the pain start out in the back and then kind of radiate towards the left side and in your hip/pelvic area?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

o.k.
this may sound stupid, but here goes...........
does the pain start out in the back and then kind of radiate towards the left side and in your hip/pelvic area?
not quite
its always been right in the spine. like no matter how hard i massaged i couldnt reach it. mostly like that when i stand
when i sit its like someone is stabbing me in the chubby part of my lower back (i dunno if anyone else has little chubbies there but i do
) about 3 inches away from my spine(to the left) and two inches away from my butt crack

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I were you, I would go in! From the sounds of it, I can only GUESS now, but it sounds like your kidney area.Either way, you need to have it looked at.It could be a pinched nerve,a slipped disk,a pulled muscle,a kidney stone/infection.
I hope you start feeling better!!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

If I were you, I would go in! From the sounds of it, I can only GUESS now, but it sounds like your kidney area.Either way, you need to have it looked at.It could be a pinched nerve,a slipped disk,a pulled muscle,a kidney stone/infection.
I hope you start feeling better!!!
Thanks
Always looking out!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have scoliosis. when I was in school (I graduated), I would get back pains and it would be hard to sit on the chairs somedays.
I had to go to physical therapy and none of the exercises were helping me so my physical therapist enrolled me into horse back riding.
and it has helped ever since. I haven't went horse back riding in forever since i have been so busy.
I hope to go next Spring. I hope you figure out what is causing your back problems soon!
and I hope you feel better soon.
back problems are no fun.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only tip I have is that if you are getting muscle spasms put ice on your back instead of heat. Heat will make muscle spasms worse. A chiropractor told me this when I was having issues with my back and it helped me a lot.

Also if your health insurance would cover it perhaps you may want to go see a chiropractor. A lot of them have office hours on Saturdays or in the evenings. My back got messed up a couple of times and going to the chiropractor provided noticable relief immediately. If you do go this route try to get a referral from someone for a good chiropractor.