How long will he be hide in the closet?

fishtreatsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My little feral guy Harley (trapped/neutered/vaccinated 1 mo. ago) has made some progress - eating in my presence, using the litter box, playing with me. He lays down and rolls over and swats the feather toys BUT he won't come out of my closet. He comes out at night when we're sleeping and the lights are out but otherwise he's hiding. Is there any way for me to entice him out of the closet? The other 2 cats would like to meet him but he seems to be afraid of them also. We have a window in his room and it would be nice if he could look out and see the birds,and catch some sun but he only sits on the window sill at night. Will he ever be brave enough to come out during the day?

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FishTreatsMom

My little feral guy Harley (trapped/neutered/vaccinated 1 mo. ago) has made some progress - eating in my presence, using the litter box, playing with me. He lays down and rolls over and swats the feather toys BUT he won't come out of my closet. He comes out at night when we're sleeping and the lights are out but otherwise he's hiding. Is there any way for me to entice him out of the closet? The other 2 cats would like to meet him but he seems to be afraid of them also. We have a window in his room and it would be nice if he could look out and see the birds,and catch some sun but he only sits on the window sill at night. Will he ever be brave enough to come out during the day?
Yes, yes, yes, he will be back and better than ever Just you see. Just give him some time.

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Our Pru is still is under the sofa most of the day, at least when we are around, but we do see her more and more. She is out at night and for the past two weeks she has been sleeping between us!
We've had her one year this week. And it has definitely been an interesting year, we've learned a lot about ferals.
Harley will come out of your closet and he will see sunshine again.

~Rhonda

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am no expert but I can tell you what worked miracles for Brady.
One was giving him treats. I would toss them to him wherever he was hiding and he associated me with yummy things. I used soft treats and bits of american cheese.
The other thing was brushing. Holey moley he would sell his soul for brushing. At first I would just hold it out so he could rub against the bristles. And he did not like it anywhere but on the face. If I accidentally touched his back he got hissy. Gradually he got to the point where he loves it anywhere except on his belly.
Good luck, he will come around!