You could never starve a cat...

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I really think this is impossible. This morning Ceci decided that she wanted to be fed (it was about 5). Oh she did not let me sleep at all. She meowed and meowed and jumped on my face and scratched at the covers!

I finally had to get up and feed her so I could get some rest!

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Monty and Bootsie are glad to hear this. They congratulate Ceci and report comparable successes on their front through similar methods.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Haha! I knew there was a good reason I feed my cats in the evening! I cannot get up in the morning to save my life. I had to buy a tin to put the cat food in and a tub to put the Nutro food packets in, because they know how to open those.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine go for the indirect method of making me feel guilty. Whenever I go near their food cupboard I get 2 little faces looking up at me pleadingly. They know I'm a soft touch.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have blatant beggars. They display absolutely NO pride when it comes to feeding ... if I so much as stand in front of the kitchen counter, they jump up there, circling like buzzards. And if I should but reach in the general direction of the cupboard where I keep the cans of cat food, they meow beseechingly, they weave their little bodies in and out of my arms, they rest their front paws on my arms to assist me in getting it ready all that much more quickly, they walk in and out of the assembled bowls ... *sigh* I can't move when they do all of these things, so they get impatient and frustrated with me. You can almost just "hear" the things that go through their little heads ... "Man, does this broad EVER move any faster than this? We could blow away in the next stiff wind before she gets the food in those bowls!"

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, at breakfast time all seven are circling around whining and begging while I fill their dishes. Kolohe and Stumper are the most blatant beggars. ( yes, gayef, I have them too) And around lunch time- my lunch time not their's- when I go in the kitchen Kolohe starts this pitiful meooowing. You'd think he hadn't eaten in a week, but it's only been 5 hours since his breakfast. Poor baby. Of course, if the others find out I'm in the kitchen they all come running too. Today I had to break out the treats to hold off the mob.

My cats are on meals for general health reasons and for weight control in two cases. They know when meal time is. They just have to test meowmy.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Marcie in the morning and when I get home from work. She doesn't beg, she skips right to the four letter kitty words if I am just a little bit slow in getting to her food dish.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you don't move fast enough for chester in the morning, he'll dig under your covers and bite at your legs and feet. It hurts and is really annoying, but very effective in terms of waking you up AND getting those feet on the floor. He doesn't like it much when i then lock him out...we have some awful looking rug in front of my door from the scratch/yowel combo.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Mine go for the indirect method of making me feel guilty. Whenever I go near their food cupboard I get 2 little faces looking up at me pleadingly. They know I'm a soft touch.
Yes, but look at those faces! You can't be blamed for caving under the cuteness!

katje

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
moochers they are, thats for sure. In fact, did you know it is dangerous to have a kitten not eat more than two days? So in all seriousness..dont starve your kittens
Dogs can go without food for a week, but not cats.

As for morning wake-up calls, I tend to ignore them blatantly. I might have a kitten army of five cats strong, but nothing will command me out of my bed in the morning. Instead, I feed them before i go to bed so they will leave me alone

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i don't think you can starve a cat/kitten but they can sure starve you by eating you out of house and home! XD

mrshaggis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Everytime we go into the kitchen Boots starts to wrap himself around our legs - one of these days I'm going to fly all of my length!!! He meows and looks up at us with those eyes that could melt steel.......

And he generally gets his way. Andy, who insists that he doesn't even like the kitten that much is always giving him little bits of chicken, steak, ham, and whatever else he thinks the kitty will love!!

Which is making me think, are we feeding him too much. How much should a 6 month old kitten eat??

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm very lucky with Bijou. I love sleeping in and he's happy to stay in bed with me all cuddled up and covered under my chin/arm until I'm ready to meet the day.

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm very lucky with Bijou. I love sleeping in and he's happy to stay in bed with me all cuddled up and covered under my chin/arm until I'm ready to meet the day.
awww Bijou! You stole my heart years ago, and now you have me in the pad of your paw.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have two very mouthy cats. Stanley comes in, in the morning and lets out this very loud and long meow. Sadie seems to chirp at me until I finally get out of bed. Then they follow me to the kitchen. The second that food is in the bowl Stanley has his head crammed right in there. Funny guy.