Found turd NOT in litterbox, is it serious?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey,

Trout has NEVER had an accident in her life..today when I got home there was a turd on her litterbox mat outside of her box...Do you think this could be a problem? As in, a health issue or maybe a behavioural one?

:censor::censor::censor::censor:, I hope she's okay

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My guess is it fell off after he was done or maybe he exited the box a little to quickly.

A few months ago I caught mine trying to cover a turd under the kitchen table. I got all worried but it never happened again. What did happen though is a poop stuck in his long butt hair and I had to cut it out. So... unless it happens again I wouldn't worry.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe she just kicked it out of the box when she was covering it up...I know Lizzie will do that every once in a while...she can get kind of wild with the litter.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree it was either stuck on her or she was digging in the litter and it went out of the box when she was digging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay WHEW!! I hope so, I won't freak out unless it happens again..

She has huge covered tote litterbox, so her kicking it out is unlikely. But it could have stuck to her butt or been *ahem* almost out when she jumped out.

It wasn't wet, but she could have pooped like at 9am when I had already left, so it wouldn't be wet anyway by now.

Thanks guys, I just worry about her so much since I almost lost her in March...Now I am closely monitoring her for unusual activity..she doesn't want to play fetch..but she did just attack my foot, which is normal for her

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Every so often, Teddy misses - because he poops right in the front of the box, stands up at the end, and a little poop ball ends up on the litter mat. At first I didn't understand what happened until I watched him go...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

From the other posters and my own experiance its either
1. a miss
2. a kicker outter turd
3. a dangler

ha! I cannot believe i just classified stray turds hahaha
That is quite the list

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL.. Mine always get the 'hair stuck to the butt poop so I'm going to run around the apartment like a bat out of hell until it falls off' and I have found poops in very strange places in the house because of it.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sicycat

LOL.. Mine always get the 'hair stuck to the butt poop so I'm going to run around the apartment like a bat out of hell until it falls off' and I have found poops in very strange places in the house because of it.
The variation on this is, of course, the 'hair stuck to the butt poop so I'm going to SCOOT around the apartment like a bat out of hell until it falls off'

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that is the worst!!! One time I came home to find a nice line of poop butt scoop on my WHITE bedspread *cry*

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou does the poop-scoot-dance on, of all things, books. Or she will come up and sit on me, knowing I'll smell it and remove it as quickly as possible. Blech. Thanks, cat!

You can usually tell how it got outside the box... if dried-out, not stuck in the littermat, and maybe has litter stuck to it, it's one that went overboard from overzealous digging. If not, maybe Trout missed or it was a dingleberry...

Nothing to worry about though

Although..... I have caught the Zissou playing with "strays" on occasion. Not since I moved, because here its mostly carpet, but there was something she liked about the tile. That only happens when they're super bored or stressy tho

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I too am having the same problem with someone in our house too, for the last few days I have been finding little "presents" scattered around the house. I have yet to find the presenter but I assure you it is not a health issue, just gravity doing it's job.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember a brief panic when I found one outside of the box, then quickly remembered that my boy is a real digger. It even had litter stuck to it to prove it had started out in the right place. It's happened a couple of times since, I even found one several feet away, with litter stuck to it again so I know it was in the tray originally.

Must get a covered box or one morning I will wake up to find my flat filled with cat litter, and the litterbox empty.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, no turds today

And I am going to buy her some toys tomorrow, just in case she's bored or something

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good idea with the toys, turd hockey can get kinda gross! Squeeker used to litterally launch them from his cage once they had dried while we were still keeping him in a crate, since he seizures. Man can he launch em!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, we've had those little brown blobs from time to time. We call them "willnots" - they just "will not" come off until kitty is out of the litter box.