Black Friday shopping, are you going?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My family is making their plans to go black Friday shopping already. My mom wants to get my sis and me some stuff that we want and need while its cheap. I want all my x-mas shopping DONE. Who else will be braving the crowds early Friday morning?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you couldnt pay me enough.. I can't stand the crowds,, or the hords of people.. or the rude rude ladies, who about bowl over children to get a product.. Just not my bag... Not even a little bit..

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never go shopping after thanksgiving or x-mas. I have a bit of people clausterphobia though so large crouds of strangers make me nervous.
We will be driving to his family' instead.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are you kidding?!?! I've already got my fliers tabbed and labeled and in order of the stores I'm going to, the map is already made.....

(I'm starting at Walmart at 6am.....still WAY early, but late enough to miss the fist fights to get in at 5am!
)

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been going with my mom for the last few years. The deals you can find are worth getting up early and braving the crowds. I've never seen anyone be really rude.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know! I told my sis to be at my house to pick me up at 5am. I live about 15 minutes from town and I am sure she will be late
So that should put us where we need to be at 6am.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, Colin and I will be driving back to Memphis from Alabama on black friday....so we won't get to go shopping
(I swear he planned that on purpose!
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

I must sound dumb, but what is black friday, and why do we shop then?
Its the kick off to the Christmas shopping season. The stores in the USA (I don't know if they di it elsewhere) have massive sales. Everything is a lot cheaper than most days! But it is really super crowded but if you are as into shopping as me it is really fun!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unfortunately, we're really broke at the moment so won't be going out on Black Friday. It's a kick to do it, though.
Especially since there are so many websites that get the leaked ads early so you can to the planning.
(My fav is bfads.net )

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Its the kick off to the Christmas shopping season. The stores in the USA (I don't know if they di it elsewhere) have massive sales. Everything is a lot cheaper than most days! But it is really super crowded but if you are as into shopping as me it is really fun!
Ah! thanks!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
NO I will be WORKING RIGHT after the MADNESS sales

It is called black fridaya s that is the day most stores start making a profit for the year

vicious vaness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have no idea, but probably not. I'll only go if someone offers to drive.

My goal is to get all of the xmas shopping done before thanksgiving, so I don't have to deal with the crowds, but because of my financial situation, I haven't been able to do that these past 2 years. It's also hard because now it seems like the major stores are trying to do sales earlier. When I went to the mall after work, last week, it was PACKED! I think I'll do most of my shopping online this year.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably not. My grandma invited me to go with her and my aunt, but I'm really not that into shopping. Plus, with the crowds, ugh! I'll look through the ads, though, and if I see something that really interests me, I just might. I'm not really a morning person, though, and I don't normally get up until 8.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never! Never, never, never NEVER!!!! I hate shopping, and I especially hate malls. But I'll be at our condo in Keystone, CO anyways.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I am but I'm not!

I am being crafty- if I can even get away with it, I have no idea.... but Circuit City is selling Little Mermaid & Gray's Anatomy Season 1 both for $8.99 each. SO!!!!! I'm going up there Wednesday evening to purchase both... then on Friday, when ever I feel like it I'll mosey back on over and see if I can get a credit for the difference! If not, no biggy- I will probably return them but if they say I have to repurchase them & they have them in stock then I will!

But no way am I getting up early to go wait in line to get into a store to fight over some DVDs! So Circuit City is the only place I'll be going

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Salix

I must sound dumb, but what is black friday, and why do we shop then?
I don't know what it is either. Is it when psycho people beat each other up to get THE COOLEST TOY for their kid (just kidding about that)? Is it an American thing?

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it's just called Black Friday because the stores are chaotic with people fighting over toys and whatnot.

I've actually never ventured out on Black Friday- but that's my guess!