What do I do?

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay here is my deal...

I have a rotti mix and a cocker spaniel mix.. We have been fostering another rotti mix.. Well the cocker doesn't get along with the rottis' at all.. He just doesn't blend very good with them. He tries,, he just is a bit too little for them....

Well my husband wants to keep the rotti we are fostering.. and wants us to find a good home for the cocker..

Should I do that?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally the cocker was there first I would keep the cocker unless it was totally not happy.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Personally the cocker was there first I would keep the cocker unless it was totally not happy.
the cocker was there first and it wouldn't be fair. I hope you are able to find the rottie mix a home.
my rottie mix, Jenny is the love of my life and I couldn't imagine giving her up.

eagleeye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your obligation is to the cocker mix before the rotti foster. The cocker was there first and it would be unfair to him to rehome at this point. I'm sorry if it's hard for your husband to accept, but the obligation is there. The cocker didn't choose to have another (larger) pack mate added.

If there is a possibility of scuffles between the dogs, you need to monitor their interactions and make sure that you watch for triggers to doggie arguments (toys and food being the biggies). The dogs will look to you and your husband as leaders, so don't let the big guys bully the cocker..or vice versa.

Good luck

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are plenty of things you can do to make them all much happier together - is there any reason you can't keep them both? If you had to choose, well, the cocker was there first, however if she doesn't get along with either of your Rottis, the onus is on you to do what is going to make her happiest. If she didn't get along with your other dog before the foster came along, then there are some things to be thought about.

How long have you had the foster?