When are Kittens old enough for...

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive read that kittens arent really interested in catnip until about 6 months or so. After that its like WOW! theyve made a new discovery..lol

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all the kittens i have ever had i started at around 8 weeks , but none not even one was ever intrested. they seem to be more for it when there around 41/2 -5 months old, but every cat is different , wont hurt them to try them on some and see how they go

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bella is a year old and she goes crazy for it but stormie who is now 15 weeks old has nooooo interest in it all, I have a lot of cat nip toys but stormie is like ugh I want a cap to something and I will be fine !~

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Woooopeeeee!!
Your kitties will be happy ones

Trout has never had catnip..I am afraid of what a crazier Trout would be like

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

junglebutterfly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a cardboard scrather toy for the tinys and didn't realize there was a ton of catnip in it so I let Princess Duchess and Bobby play with it to get rid of the majority of the catnip before I give it to the tinys they are 4 weeks old and sharpening their nails on my new berber. It is fine with me if they aren't interested I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't harm them.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had 2 12 week old kittens. One ignored the catnip I sprinkled on the floor, the other came over, sniffed it, and immediately started rolling around in it and acting crazy. She's one of those rare cases of kittens that like catnip.

According to statistics, only 1 out of 3 cats is affected by catnip and hardly any kittens are affected by it.