Has anyone seen the Catsifier? I thought it was a joke!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Interesting - maybe I should get one for Lucy. She's alway suckling on the fleece blankets.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that in another thread this morning. Not a bad idea actually... espically for orphaned kittens.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
As weird as it is- WE NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunk STILL has not stopped trying to nurse off of the other boys 'parts'
It's getting to the point that I am willing to try anything! A while back someone gave me a link to a stuffed animal that warms up & has a heart beat but I don't think it would help him because it doesn't have a nipple (that I can see!). I really think he's attracted to Maui & Beans you-know-what because of the shape!

I have given him countless stuffed animals & even tried to get him to suck my fingers but he won't... Beans sucks a blanket I have that has fur on it- and I don't mind that at all. But Skunk.... oh boy oh boy! So while this DOES look weird & I can even imagine what people that come over to my house will say... it's a blessing!

$25!
Oh well- I guess I'll get over it as long as it helps the poor little guy!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SarahBeez

As weird as it is- WE NEED ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunk STILL has not stopped trying to nurse off of the other boys 'parts'
It's getting to the point that I am willing to try anything! A while back someone gave me a link to a stuffed animal that warms up & has a heart beat but I don't think it would help him because it doesn't have a nipple (that I can see!). I really think he's attracted to Maui & Beans you-know-what because of the shape!
There is definately one (fake kitty) that has a nipple - I think it can take a bottle actually.

Editted to add the link to it: It's called snuggle kitty and does have a place for a bottle, as well as the warmth and heart beat thing. Kitten Rescue recommends it.

http://snuggleme.com/cat_products/sn...le_kitties.htm

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

There is definately one (fake kitty) that has a nipple - I think it can take a bottle actually.

Editted to add the link to it: It's called snuggle kitty and does have a place for a bottle, as well as the warmth and heart beat thing. Kitten Rescue recommends it.

http://snuggleme.com/cat_products/sn...le_kitties.htm
That isn't the one that I was talking about- although very similar! So you say this one DOES have a fake nipple???? I think that will solve our problem
I'm pretty sure the other one didn't have a fake one.

So which should I get??? The pillow or the fake kitty?!

Probably the fake kitty since it has a heartbeat & can be warmed.... although I worry about how obvious the fake nipple is and I hope it has a full set so it's more realistic (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

If anyone has a vote I'd love to hear it! I'll do some more reading on both!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That isn't the one that I was talking about- although very similar! So you say this one DOES have a fake nipple???? I think that will solve our problem
I'm pretty sure the other one didn't have a fake one.

So which should I get??? The pillow or the fake kitty?!

Probably the fake kitty since it has a heartbeat & can be warmed.... although I worry about how obvious the fake nipple is and I hope it has a full set so it's more realistic (never thought I'd hear myself say that!)

If anyone has a vote I'd love to hear it! I'll do some more reading on both!
Depends on your needs, I guess. This goes not have a "full set" - just a place to put a feeding bottle for a kitten. It's possible the nipple is all he's interested in, you never know.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read th bottle part of the manul on the snuggle kitty and unless your boy is still nursing I'd go with the pillow. The snuggle kitty from the sound of it you put the bottle where the heart beat goes and the nipple just sticks out past the velcro. It also says to watch the cat while it's using the bottle.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup guys I think you are right- I should go with the pillow. I don't think he'd be interested in a bottle nipple (too bad I don't have one to try!)...

Anyway- at least one of us can get first hand experience with this truly WEIRD pillow.
I will order it later today when I order Chad's x-mas gift (no he's not getting one too!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly I would caution against this product, Just last week, Kolar completly ripped off the nipple off of one of the nursing bottles when I was feeding him. Can you imagine what a choking hazard it would be to a more aggressive adult kitty with a stronger suckling reflex if it were to rip off the nipples on the product? It could cause many GI problems. So I wouldn't recommend that for that reason. / The snuggle kitty however is a different story- it is wonderful- i have used it for numerous foster kittens with a lot of success. I will say that I only put the tiny bottles in there when I can supervise them and watch them nurse so that they do not bite off the plastic nipples and choke. Kitties should never be left unsupervised with plastic things, such as those plastic nipples- they are quite easy to chew off and choke on. / So I would not recommend allowing a kitty to have any plastic product such as that without direct supervision. The snuggle kitty though, when used responsibly, is an excellent product.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I would not recommend allowing a kitty to have any plastic product such as that without direct supervision. The snuggle kitty though, when used responsibly, is an excellent product.
What do you recommend since it only uses a bottle nipple? I don't think he'll be interested in it at all- although I haven't tried that yet. I think the closer looking to the nipple the better, in his case. I'm just leery on spending $30 when he'll just turn his nose up at it like everything else.... at least the pillow has the closest thing I've seen to the nipple...

Sorry to hijack this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been an ongoing problem in our house & I've asked for advice several times but haven't really had much luck!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What do you recommend since it only uses a bottle nipple? I don't think he'll be interested in it at all- although I haven't tried that yet. I think the closer looking to the nipple the better, in his case. I'm just leery on spending $30 when he'll just turn his nose up at it like everything else.... at least the pillow has the closest thing I've seen to the nipple...

Sorry to hijack this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This has been an ongoing problem in our house & I've asked for advice several times but haven't really had much luck!
Honestly, for a kitty with a strong suckling urge- I would see what your vet recommends- I wouldn't give them anything with plastic (such as those nipples) because once again those are definitely a choking hazard. If you give him/her fleecy blankets unsupervised, they could also chew on the fabric and that could cause GI blockages too, so I would see what your vet recommends as far as that goes. I wouldn't give him anything without checking with a vet first.
(as far as the snuggle kitty goes- you don't have to leave the nipple in there- you can remove it since he doesn't need it
) He might just enjoy snuggling with the stuffed animal

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Honestly, for a kitty with a strong suckling urge- I would see what your vet recommends- I wouldn't give them anything with plastic (such as those nipples) because once again those are definitely a choking hazard. If you give him/her fleecy blankets unsupervised, they could also chew on the fabric and that could cause GI blockages too, so I would see what your vet recommends as far as that goes. I wouldn't give him anything without checking with a vet first.
(as far as the snuggle kitty goes- you don't have to leave the nipple in there- you can remove it since he doesn't need it
) He might just enjoy snuggling with the stuffed animal
My vet just keeps recommending stuffed animals- but he has absolutely no interest in them at all
Beans will suck on a fleecy blanket- not very often or as obsessively as Skunk- but Skunk won't touch the blanket... he literally ONLY goes for Maui or Beans!

I think I am going to try one of those pillows- I will check them out first before I let him near it... and I won't leave him alone with it
He may not even like it at all if the stuffed animals are any indication!

Cats4life77- thanks for the promotional code! Every bit helps!!!!!!!