Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
YES!!! I got my Nintendo Wii!!!! at midnight 11-18-2006. I waited outside of Walmart for 16 hours!!!! Crazy? I know. Loser? YES.
I was the last one that got the Wii. Walmart only had 36 units!!! I was about number 20ish and there were many people cutting in line up in front and I ended up 36. Lots of people were mad because they waited for 14 hours only to find out they will not go home with one. Walmart employee finally came out at 10pm to mark people's hand with numbers which they should have done it earlier since they already know only 36 units are available. This would also eliminate people cutting in line during the day...
Feel sad for the person next to me who waited with me only to go home with nothing. It is also worst to be the first loser...

Anyway, just want to share the good news.

Oh, people stopped by and asked us what we were doing, we told them "Walmart is giving out free flu shots." They said "really? I will be back later."

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

You're so lucky! I want a Wii so bad.
Ok, so I pronounce it as "wee", so giggle when I see lines that. Is that how it's pronounced??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ok, so I pronounce it as "wee", so giggle when I see lines that. Is that how it's pronounced??
Yes, that is how you say it "wee". I love saying it Wiiiiiiiiiiiii

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

You're so lucky! I want a Wii so bad.
Don't worry, you should be able to get one before Christmas season. There are at least 2 million units available for US. You should have no problem getting one. Many places are getting weekly shipments, just check around and you should be able to get one. The game included will keep you occupied for a while, especially with a friend. Really fun.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I have no idea what this is
(and I have two kids - 12 and 15). Should I know? Should they know? Shhhh....don't tell them if it's expensive.
It is a great game system where you don't just use your controller to play, you interact with the game. There is tennis game where you have to swing to hit the ball. You can use forehand, backhand, top spin..etc just like a real tennis game. It is not expensive, relatively speaking Xbox 360 $400, PS3 $600, Wii is only $250 and comes with one game. Check it out at www.wii.com. This is a family game console where the whole family can enjoy even non gamers will love.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! People over here were going nuts over the PS3 - I don't really understand why they don't just ship out enough shipments, or make enough of them before they release them into the stores, especially before the holiday season when they know everyone will be anxiously waiting to get one.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by watchcaddy

Don't worry, you should be able to get one before Christmas season. There are at least 2 million units available for US. You should have no problem getting one. Many places are getting weekly shipments, just check around and you should be able to get one. The game included will keep you occupied for a while, especially with a friend. Really fun.
I'm not in the states though.. I don't even know if my city will have any in!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
EB Games said they are getting weekly shipments. I hope to get one for my boyfriend for Christmas. I saw it on Craigslist being sold for $650, which is stupid when they only cost $279. If they are getting weekly shipments in of them, I don't understand why people can't just wait a week.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Congratulations! People over here were going nuts over the PS3 - I don't really understand why they don't just ship out enough shipments, or make enough of them before they release them into the stores, especially before the holiday season when they know everyone will be anxiously waiting to get one.
For the publicity, of course! We wouldn't have heard news stories about it all week if they had just made enough available at once.

watchcaddy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I got mine too! When we connect it to the internet I'll give you my friend code.
Cool!! I hooked it up at 1:30am 11-19-2006 and no one was in the Mii Plaza and no one visited me
Maybe it was too early.
Let me know when you set it up. It was very easy to connect to my wireless router.

Did you wait in line or did you just walk in and got one?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

For the publicity, of course! We wouldn't have heard news stories about it all week if they had just made enough available at once.
Thats so very true!

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have to wait till the 8th december because i am from europe, but i have pre ordered.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's what my sister and brother in law are planning on getting their children for christmas.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

We tried, but failed
We went up to Meijer at about 9:30 or 10 on Saturday just to see what was going on- and it was like a ghost town in the media department! We finally found someone that works there and she told us there were people waiting in line on Friday so they had a lottery and they were all already spoken for

Oh well! I really have my heart set on the Nintendo DS Lite anyway!

Oh yeah- what is the game that comes with the Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii (that IS fun!
) like?!

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it's wii sports that comes free with the console, you can buy wii play to get a extra controller for free and don't buy classic controllers because you can play virtual console games with a gamecube controller, also i recommend that you buy Zelda twilight princess if you are into adventure and puzzles