How many bird owners here?

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my kitties but I am a big bird lover. I have 12 cockatiels and a blue and gold macaw. The tiels have their own room so the cats can't bother them and I feel better about going to sleep at night without having to worry about the cats getting to them. The cats don't mess with Charlie (macaw) because he is around their size...and they know who is boss.
They are all very spoiled and it is alot of work but I can't imagine not having each and every single one of them. I am kind of a hermit (LOL) so they get alot of attention. Someday (when I don't have so many tiels and more time) I would love to have a african grey and a green cheek conure.

Sorry don't have any pics right now.

Sooo how many others have birds on the site? I would love to hear about them and see pics.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12 tiels and a Macaw? Wow your house must be noisy!

I've always had birds, at the moment I have a Senegal parrot called Jasper. I used to have 2 budgies but unfortunately they both passed away - one from a congenital digestive disorder, and the other from a suspected rodent attack
(RIP Titus and Maximus
)

No more rodent problems now I have Radar though, he is a great mouser, and is kept well away from the parrot - no point taking risks.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 birds right now, though I'd love more, space is an issue.

I have Abby a 13 year old female Quaker and Murphy, a 7 year old male Hahn's Macaw.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have any birds now - my cockatiel Alex passed away in January 2005 after being with me for 17 years - but I grew up with parakeets and miss my feathered friends very much.

I've had many, many budgies, finches and cockatiels, and made friends with quite a few parrots along the way, although I was never able to afford to buy one. African Greys are my most favorite, because they are SO smart.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture of Jasper - I don't have many of him outside of his cage because he freaks at the camera, he's a bit phobic.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a cockatiel named Chipper. He will be four in April and is the most comical animal I have ever owned...

We also have a 16 year old African Grey named Fred (previous owners named him
) He's a bit mean to strangers but can be quite loving if he really knows and trusts you. He talks constantly when there are no strangers here, sometimes I have to check if its him or if someone has walked in the back door!!

This is a bad picture, he's in his travel cage...I'll have to find some more and post them for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot more bird lovers than I thought there would be.
I love them...would have one of each if I could.

My house can be kind of noisy but it doesn't really bother me (unless the macaw gets going) Its usually only noisy in the mornings when every one is waking up and stretching their wings.

Thanks for sharing pics. Your babies are beautiful.
I have a tiel named Jasper and Pepsi looks alot like a tiel I used to have named Buddy.

I will have to get my pics on here soon.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to have a cockatiel named Susie when I lived with my parents. They said she just walked up their driveway one day (her wings were clipped) and they took her in!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Arlyn you babies are pretty.
Do they get along?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They tolerate each other

They will both sit on my shoulders, but given the opportunity they'd battle it out.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

We have a cockatiel named Chipper. He will be four in April and is the most comical animal I have ever owned...
Of course, all the grey cockatiels look alike, but seeing this pic of Chipper makes me miss my little Alex that much more, as he was identical.
I miss his screaming and ear-piercing wolf-whistles. Never thought I'd say THAT, lol.

Please give Chipper a kiss for me? I miss my birdie kisses, too...

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few budgies: This is Stormy.

Odo, my Dusky conure, likes to flirt with the budgies:

Odo loves his Happy Hut:

Izzy, the foot-obsessed cockatiel:

Odo, after a well-deserved drink of some hard lemonade. (Just kidding, he rolls on his back like that all the time).

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The budgies are pretty. Every time I see a blue one in the pet stores I want to bring it home...I try not to go by them LOL. It is cute that Odo likes to flirt with the budgies. I love the last pic of him.

Izzy is pretty. He looks alot like my Cosmo. I love the pieds.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormy isn't exactly a blue budgie... he's muted and kinda Stormy-kooking, to match his attitude. LOL My blue budge passed recently... I took him in because he looked sort of mentally challenged and small. LOL He was a joy, but such a long battle in the end. I'm glad he's as peace now.

And Odo... he is QUITE the character, as conures tend to be.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Godiva I've only just seen those pictures, what a wonderful feather-gang you have
Love the pic of Odo on his back, very cute

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! My little flock is a lot of work to get them tame and stay tame (and teach them tricks), but well worth it. They reward me with kisses, snuggles, what they think are conversations, and well, I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm in love with them all.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birdy conversations are the best aren't they? I especially love it when budgies chatter away to you, I miss the noise of having budgies.