Great news!!!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I may have found a home for another one of my kittens! Yeah!

I put an ad on a pet classified web site. I got like a zillion "fake" emails from there but yesterday I got a real one from a woman nearby who was interested in adopting one of my kittens!

I had 3, found a home for 1, and so after this(hopefully) I will only have 1 left. I wanted them to go together, but she said she could only take one. She doesn't work and stays home all day, so I think the kitten will be all right as long as it gets TONS of attention!

Anyways, she will be coming by on Tuesday to see the 2 kittens and I will talk to her and find out her info(living situation, make sure she has enough money to take care of the kitten should it need to go to the vet or anything, etc...)

I am charging $25 as an adoption fee and she said that was alright. I told her my only condition was that she either 1)let me take the kitten to get spayed when I take the mama cat and the other kitten, or 2) allow me to make an appointment for HER to take the kitten.(I will be sure to talk to the vet to have them contact me to make sure the kitten gets spayed). She said that was fine. I originally wanted to keep the kitten til it gets spayed but they are already 13 weeks old and I won't be able to get an appointment for a few more weeks. I really don't want to get more attached to the kittens than I have to or else I will never be able to let them go.
(I know you all know what I'm talking about)

Anyways, I just thought I would let you all know!

By the way, one of my kittens gets really vicious when she is playing with her toys and even when so far as to attack me(tore up my hands, not playing either!)! Any of you know a gentle way I can get her to be less possessive. I would hate for her to go to a home with children and attack a little child because the kid may try to take her toy.She's small now, but soon she will be able to do A LOT of damage! Any advice is welcome.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is good news!

As for the little aggressive one, honestly, I wouldn't place her in a home with children until she demonstrates that she can calm down some. And I would think twice before placing her in a home with other pets too. Some kitties are just that way and there isn't a lot you can do to change it. The key is close observation and knowing your kitties' unique personalities, then placing them in forever homes that can deal appropriately with them as individuals.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am charging $25 as an adoption fee and she said that was alright. I told her my only condition was that she either 1)let me take the kitten to get spayed when I take the mama cat and the other kitten, or 2) allow me to make an appointment for HER to take the kitten.(I will be sure to talk to the vet to have them contact me to make sure the kitten gets spayed). She said that was fine. I originally wanted to keep the kitten til it gets spayed but they are already 13 weeks old and I won't be able to get an appointment for a few more weeks. I really don't want to get more attached to the kittens than I have to or else I will never be able to let them go. (I know you all know what I'm talking about)
Sounds like a plan....just make sure in either case that this little girl has the spay performed soon.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Will do! I've been through the pregnancy/kitten stuff(obviously) and I can't see why anyone would want to be in my situation. I mean, sure they kittens are great and cute.....til you have to try and find homes for them. It's hard to find homes for them during "kitten season". Anyways, thank's for the advice about the aggressive kitten. Do you have any idea how I can help her not be so aggressive though? I would hate for her to go to a home and they end up putting her in a shelter or worse, she gets put to sleep. I mean, who wants a violent cat when there are so many others to choose from?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Do you have any idea how I can help her not be so aggressive though? I would hate for her to go to a home and they end up putting her in a shelter or worse, she gets put to sleep. I mean, who wants a violent cat when there are so many others to choose from?
She definately needs to be placed into a home with another kitten or young cat. I would also encourage you to place her into a home that has either "older" children or no children.

Here are some articles I found:

http://www.usask.ca/wcvm/herdmed/app.../cataggre.html

http://www.kingstownecatclinic.com/P...Aggression.htm

http://www.catsinternational.org/art...herapy_01.html

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: I got another call from another woman for the second kitten last night. Being polite, I called the frist woman and told her I had a second person interested in the kittens and asked her if I wanted to reserve one for her...she and her fiance came to the house 45 minutes later!LOL! They didn't want to miss out on the "best" kitten! Anyways, long story short, they decided to take both kittens! Yeah! Now they won't have to be separated!!!!

They were VERY nice and agreed to let me take both kittens to get spayed when I take the mama cat. I told them how much it costs to get them spayed at a regular vet(about $150 each) and they said they would be really greatful if I could take them(I can get them done for free) and save them some money. The will pay for the shots and stuff though.

The kittens took to them immediately so I knew they would be alright. I'm glad they have good homes...together!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what fab news ! its great when something comes together - the kitties are gonna be together
and you know everything "health-wise" is going to be sorted and you´ve met the new owners !
It must be a great feeling - well done you

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

UPDATE: I got another call from another woman for the second kitten last night. Being polite, I called the frist woman and told her I had a second person interested in the kittens and asked her if I wanted to reserve one for her...she and her fiance came to the house 45 minutes later!LOL! They didn't want to miss out on the "best" kitten! Anyways, long story short, they decided to take both kittens! Yeah! Now they won't have to be separated!!!!

They were VERY nice and agreed to let me take both kittens to get spayed when I take the mama cat. I told them how much it costs to get them spayed at a regular vet(about $150 each) and they said they would be really greatful if I could take them(I can get them done for free) and save them some money. The will pay for the shots and stuff though.

The kittens took to them immediately so I knew they would be alright. I'm glad they have good homes...together!
That's great news!!!

Katie

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I'm always happy when things work out for the best even though I always expect the worse! LOL!

The new owners just sent me an email saying that the kittens are great and are having fun checking out their new home! They've never really been anywhere but here so I'm sure they are loving it. You know how curious kittens can be!LOL!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is one of them the agressive one? Are they aware of the kittens toy aggression, and is it food too, or just the yoys? If you didn't mention it, you should, young engaged couple usually means a baby could be comming soon, and if they don't get a handle on her aggressivness, they may be afraid it may hurt their baby, 1 year, 18, moths or 5 years from now.
I am glad things worked out. I love to see my kittens go together!

nath 1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is a good idea you are charging 25 $ as an adoption fee. Keeps away non serious people...and those feeding their snakes with kittens. I sound awful here, but this is a reality.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I told them about the aggression problem with the kitten right when they got there when they were trying to decide what kitten to get. I told them if they were going to get other animals in the future then they should choose the other kitten because I am still working with the aggressive one.

I had them play with the kittens to get to know them and Cleo(the aggressive one) did fine and wasn't aggressive toward them at all. However, when they let go of the toy(stick w/ feather rope on the end) the kitten took it and started to drag it off. As soon as she did, the other kitten chased her and that's when she got aggressive towards the other kitten. I told them that was what I was trying to work on with her and they said they would definately keep an eye on that and see what they could do. I mean, it's kinda cute now, but when she's bigger and has giant claws and wieghs 10 lbs, it won't be so cute! 8O

Also, no, she is not aggressive with food. I gave all five cats one plate of wet food every day so they learned to share. I have never had food aggression with any of my animals, not even the dog I had. As a matter of fact, my dog wouldn't eat unless you were right there with her, it was kinda funny.

Anyways, I'm having trouble getting Tree House to call me back about getting the spays done. I called them abour 3 times in the past week and a half and they still have not called me back. I will give them another ring today.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Yeah, I told them about the aggression problem with the kitten right when they got there when they were trying to decide what kitten to get. I told them if they were going to get other animals in the future then they should choose the other kitten because I am still working with the aggressive one.

I had them play with the kittens to get to know them and Cleo(the aggressive one) did fine and wasn't aggressive toward them at all. However, when they let go of the toy(stick w/ feather rope on the end) the kitten took it and started to drag it off. As soon as she did, the other kitten chased her and that's when she got aggressive towards the other kitten. I told them that was what I was trying to work on with her and they said they would definately keep an eye on that and see what they could do. I mean, it's kinda cute now, but when she's bigger and has giant claws and wieghs 10 lbs, it won't be so cute! 8O

Also, no, she is not aggressive with food. I gave all five cats one plate of wet food every day so they learned to share. I have never had food aggression with any of my animals, not even the dog I had. As a matter of fact, my dog wouldn't eat unless you were right there with her, it was kinda funny.

Anyways, I'm having trouble getting Tree House to call me back about getting the spays done. I called them abour 3 times in the past week and a half and they still have not called me back. I will give them another ring today.
That is so good! One of my cats, a 7month old from my queems last litter is food aggressive, still! It is so funny (but it isn't too, you know) But his dad won't even eat out of the same plate of wet feed with him, LOL! He makes the funiest noises, and can almost choke himself while gobbling food so no one else can
I fostered a mom and babies, and he would swat at them while eating still, and never take his eyes off his plate, once he got a claw stuck slightly in loose skin, it didn't hurt the kitten, but Ares was just kinda stuck with his paw out, and never missed a bite though. He isn't like that with toys though, just food, I have never had any other animal be food aggressive before, so it is amussing to watch him (it's only with the other cats, even my daughter 4 years can go and take his plate with out even a sound out of him but the other cats get near and watch out

Keep after the "tree house" people, I am sure they must be busy at this time, all the kittens born in kitten season comming of age for alters, that's what they are there for, so keep calling, they should get you in. I wish we had some thing like that in my area (although I wouldn't take advanage of the free alters, people need them, and since I breed cats, I would never feel right taking away from some one who truely needs the help.) It's hard for me to get it done before I sell the kittens, but atleast I get reinbursed for it, I charge more for the kittens now then I did before doing it, so it doesn't really come out of my pocket.

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'll keep after them. I know they are probably very busy!

I actually was going to pay to get my cat spayed there(it's only like $40). I actually called there to see if they could take the kittens. I told them the whole story about them(I caught mom, she never calmed down, escaped, didn't come back, couldn't catch her for about a month, she got preggers while out, gave birth, now trying to find homes...etc...) and asked if I had spayed the mama cat yet. I told them I was trying to find a low cost place to do it and they said they would do it for free since she was an ex-feral and they could do the kittens too. I said "cool" and that was that. Now I'm trying to make appointments. That's that.