My cat is gone!

tamdamgood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I started to take care of a stray male cat about a year ago. Unfortunatly he was not allowed in our home. I really got attached to him. I treated him like a little Prince! I feed him 3 times daily. I would buy Frontline flea medication for him, I dewormed him, I was also his personnal nurse when he came home hurt. I even bought him a heated cat house for the winter months. He has always been around our house and slept under our porch at night. It has been about a week since the last time I saw him. I really do miss him. Can someone tell me the reason why he left? I have been looking everywhere for him, but cannot find him. He was not neutered, and was about 1 to 2 years of age. Do you think he went looking for a mate? And if so, what are the chances that he will come back! Thanks Tami

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Yes I think he went looking for a mate and I think he will come back although he might be a bit beaten up by other male cats so you may have to nurse him again.

When he comes back you should get your mum to have him neutered so he won't wander away again.
Its very upsetting when they disappear and having him done will stop it happening again....You can expect him to be gone a few weeks if he found a mate.

Welcome to Tcs Tami

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamdamgood

Hi, I started to take care of a stray male cat about a year ago. Unfortunatly he was not allowed in our home. I really got attached to him. I treated him like a little Prince! I feed him 3 times daily. I would buy Frontline flea medication for him, I dewormed him, I was also his personnal nurse when he came home hurt. I even bought him a heated cat house for the winter months. He has always been around our house and slept under our porch at night. It has been about a week since the last time I saw him. I really do miss him. Can someone tell me the reason why he left? I have been looking everywhere for him, but cannot find him. He was not neutered, and was about 1 to 2 years of age. Do you think he went looking for a mate? And if so, what are the chances that he will come back! Thanks Tami
Welcome Tami....if he was not neutered...then there is a good chance that he has either gone off to mate or to find another place to camp out for a while. I agree with furryferals....if he does show back up....you need to take the responsibility of getting him neutered. I would recommend that you read up on a program that is called Trap, Neuter, Return:

http://www.alleycat.org/visitor.html

Katie

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree about getting him neutered. Sounds like you may not even need to trap him, if he lets you put flea meds on him and deworm him you may be able to just put him in a carrier.

Sometimes they just go travel for a while. I get really worried when I dont see my ferals for a couple of days.. but they always usually come back.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just another comment advising that he is neutered- I think it is important to your community that your cat is not increasing the amount of feral cats which may become a problem...

I also hope that he turns up soon, safe and sound whilst purring about his adventures

Is there any reason why he isn't allowed into the house?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamdamgood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The reason why my outdoor kitty is not allowed in our house is that I have a husband that is allergic to cats. It has been almost 2 weeks since kitty has been gone. I have posters of him posted all over our neiborhood. I am starting to lose faith! I hope he will return. I look for him every night. I think he is gone for good. This saddens me deeply! Can anyone give me some positive thinking? Thanks

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamdamgood

The reason why my outdoor kitty is not allowed in our house is that I have a husband that is allergic to cats. It has been almost 2 weeks since kitty has been gone. I have posters of him posted all over our neiborhood. I am starting to lose faith! I hope he will return. I look for him every night. I think he is gone for good. This saddens me deeply! Can anyone give me some positive thinking? Thanks
I think you just had us a bit confused. I read that it was a stray that you were feeding and above you say it is your outdoor kitty. I think we all assumed it was a stray/semi-feral.

Regardless of which it is, he NEEDS to be neutered - 1) to prevent him from expanding the number of stray/feral cats in the neighbourhood; 2) to keep him from running away for days at a time; 3) for his own health.

I believe that if he's just gone off to find a mate that he will return - he may be a bit beat-up from other Toms that were fighting over a female, but he'll come home.

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will send some good vibes that he comes back
I'm sorry.. I know how you feel. I lost a stray, one day she just disappeared. Showed up on Christmas Day after a few months... and then she disappeared again, havent seen her since.

mcmaggie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A week is not long for a non-neutered male kitty to go a-roamin'. I would actually expect you to see him again. But like the other posters pointed out, he should be neutered, that will definitely curb his roaming somewhat, although not altogether.