Cats who ENJOY having their nails trimmed???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I think I have one of the few kitties out there who actually likes getting her nails done.
Everytime I trim Velvet's nails, she will hold her little paws out for me to work on them and purr really loudly when I trim them. She sits up in my lap perfectly still and holds out her paws for me- it's the sweetest thing
Does anyone else have a kitty that actually likes getting their nails trimmed?? (Velvet is 10yrs old now and I started trimming her nails as a kitten to get her used to it). Does anyone else have a kitty that enjoys their "pedicures" ??
/ The rest of my animals I pretty much have to wrap up as tight as i can in a blanket to trim their nails...especially the rabbit- omg...for those of you who have ever trimmed a rabbits claws, you know how painfull it can be when they don't want a pedicure

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, I think I have one of the few kitties out there who actually likes getting her nails done.
Everytime I trim Velvet's nails, she will hold her little paws out for me to work on them and purr really loudly when I trim them. She sits up in my lap perfectly still and holds out her paws for me- it's the sweetest thing
Does anyone else have a kitty that actually likes getting their nails trimmed?? (Velvet is 10yrs old now and I started trimming her nails as a kitten to get her used to it). Does anyone else have a kitty that enjoys their "pedicures" ??
/ The rest of my animals I pretty much have to wrap up as tight as i can in a blanket to trim their nails...especially the rabbit- omg...for those of you who have ever trimmed a rabbits claws, you know how painfull it can be when they don't want a pedicure
I have yet to try to trim any nails here. I have scratching posts all over the house... 4 to be exact... that's why I still have my fingers intact... I don't DARE go there

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NOPE!!! I wish to keep all fingers attached.SO, I have DD hold them by the scruff of the neck and I trim REAL quick!!!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I trimmed Puffs the first night because he has a habit of scratching when we rub his belly. He seemed indifferent to it.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine don't mind it, I started doing them all as kittens so they're used to it.
Same with the dog, trained him from a puppy. He knows front left/right & back left/right and lifts them up on command.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I trimmed Velvet's nails tonight and then I trimmed the other girls nails.....lol....at least Velvet was good
. Abilene just about tried to take my hands off (I have to wrap her in a towel when she needs her nails trimmed.) Isabella screamed like a bratty little pirncess and protested the entire time, and Jasmine tried to eat the nail trimmers (
would somone please tell my little fat cat that she does not need to eat metal
)......then, for the fireworks, I trimmed Sophie's nails.....oh the joy of rabbits
.....she tried to rabbit kick me the entire time and made those aweful death cry noises
...she's such a brat!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna loves to get her nails trimmed. It's like a spa treatment for her or something. She just loves to get 'paw massages', so I spend about 1/2 hour trimming her nails and massaging her paws and toes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Chynna loves to get her nails trimmed. It's like a spa treatment for her or something. She just loves to get 'paw massages', so I spend about 1/2 hour trimming her nails and massaging her paws and toes.
aww...soo sweet! you're little chynna sounds like my velvet when it comes to having a pedicure

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually let the vet trim their nails so that I don't have to be the one getting scratched up. It takes 2 people to hold and one to trim with Zebra and Milo.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Buffy gets violent when I clip her nails (she deliberately aims for your face with her claws and teeth). Willow uses avoidance, doing her best to pull her paws out of my fingers, turning her body so I have to readjust her, etc. Molly simply tolerates it, but there's a degree of avoidance there too. I basically try to humour her and trick her, because she's still new to it and I don't want to screw it up like I did with Buffy, lol.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay...
Bella
(My perfect sweet girl)was a dream no matter what I did to her...Sophia screams bloody murder like you are killing her and wraps her paw around your hand. Severino spreads his paw out so I can clip them and purrs the whole time, and Joey is so easy to do too!!!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Typically DH will grab hold of them and I clip as fast as I can!
He scruffs and I trim and apply SoftClaws at the speed of light

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Harriet screams and yowls like I'm trying to kill her and tries to bite so I just scruff (which is really hard b/c she's uber fat) and then trim real quick. She's a pistol!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All 10 will condescend to having their nails trimmed - the look I get is "I guess it has to be done, so let's get it over with!"

salix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sam doesn't like it, but he'll put up with it,
Mica *coughs* there is NO way I'm getting near her with any sort of trimming device, she'd kill me in my sleep.
The kitten's too squirmy at the moment to try, but I'd better start getting her used to it soon, I guess.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted "other". Everest is very difficult when it comes to trimming his nails. He'll playfully attack my hand and arm when I do it but with enough persistance I can usually get it done.

Charlotte is pretty easy going about it. I won't say that she likes it but she doesn't put up much of a fuss.

Bryan

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have to do stoli and luxors in sets - i can't do them all at once. they HATE it but just try to avoid me when i have the clippers. it's almost like they get peeved at the fact that they work so hard to sharpen them up and them i come and clip them

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oscar needs to be held, usually by DH, but Scotty....well, this might sound mean but DH pins him down on his back, holding him under the arms, and then straddles him. It's the only way to keep Scotty from 1) Swatting at me with the other paw while I'm trimming and 2) Biting me while I'm working on the front paws. He doesn't seem too traumatized afterwards and both get a treat or two.

If I didn't trim them, I'd be in more pain later from them jumping on me.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends with trout.. If she is having tortitude, then forget it..but if I trick her into it while she's sleeping than I'm good to go