Meow mix pouches discontinued?

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at my local Stop and Shop today and where the meow mix pouches were they were all gone and the sign said discontinued! This doesn't make sense to me because I just clipped a coupon for them a few weeks ago.. Not sure what is going on, or if the store just isn't carrying them anymore. Has anyone else seen this? I feed these once in awhile and I'm trying to figure this out.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zak&rocky

I was at my local Stop and Shop today and where the meow mix pouches were they were all gone and the sign said discontinued! This doesn't make sense to me because I just clipped a coupon for them a few weeks ago.. Not sure what is going on, or if the store just isn't carrying them anymore. Has anyone else seen this? I feed these once in awhile and I'm trying to figure this out.
I think maybe they redesigned their packaging. I noticed one of the local grocery stores had Meow Mix pouches in the clearance bin. Meow Mix's website still shows them having wet pouches.
http://www.meowmix.com/products/index.asp

D'oh! Now that I think about it I think it was Whiskas pouches I saw in the clearance bin.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh my! Abby would freak out! I know they are harder to find at Wal-Mart....

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last time I was told a pet food was discontinued, it was at that particular store. Maybe you should call around to other stores to see if they carry them?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully here I can find meow mix pouches everywhere but one grocery ( it changed hands and now
)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have been giving my cats the ones in the little cups. Thats the only wet food they really love, if they discontinue the wet we'll be back to almost all dry food. I really hope they don't discontinue the wet food.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are giving away 3 pouches in the big 16 pound bags of the dry Indoor Formula, to get people to try them. Sounds like a good sign.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that one of my stores discontinued them a few months ago, then my walmart stopped having them. But PetSmart still has them and the bowl ones too! But... I bought one of the Nutro pouches and Kitters loves those too!! So this last time I went to get her wet food, I got those instead!! She's in heaven!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm I don't know what's going on but I hope they're not really discontinuing them because I just got a coupon too!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
E-gads!! noooooooooooooo!!!!!! this is the only wet food a few of my cats will eat! at least of the food that I will consider feeding them

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you noticed that the first two ingredients in all of the flavors are tuna and fish broth? Except for the Surf N Turf which has "ocean fish" (tuna?) and fish broth. That's why cats get addicted to this stuff!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm dunno what's going on then.. Maybe it's just stop n shop... I feed it once in awhile.. If I have a coupon I'll pick some up, mine eat it but not as enthuisiastically as some kinds of friskies.. I usually feed it every two days, then switch back to friskies for a few days while it lasts, so it keeps their interest. They won't consistently eat anything better, of course. BTW they get dry food too.