Smells like turkey!!!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both my bf and I have had a rough couple weeks. My car was stolen, he quit his family restaurant job after the drama became to much to endure (he lasted longer than I could've, that's for sure), money is super tight and my childhood cat, Casha, was put down on thursday. It was time, maybe should've been done a little earlier, but for the best. She had a tumor in her jaw and there wasn't much point in putting the poor thing through treatment because of her age (about 18), compromised kidney function and other senior health difficulties. Still, it's very sad, especially for my sister, who was closest to Casha.

Anyway, to cheer us up, I thawed out a turkey that we bought on sale just after Thanksgiving (in Canada
) at $19 for 5.3 kg. It's been baking away, I've just put on the potatoes, planning to make gravy, corns in the pan, rolls on the counter and candied sweet potatoes are ready to go in the oven when the turkey comes out. We're having a second thanksgiving, pretty much, but with just the 2 of us....then using the leftovers to get us through the week until pay day. It'll be nice, since the bf missed actual thanksgiving due to work. All I know is it certainly smells delicious! I'm sure my whole building is jelous!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Casha

The food sounds great though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OMG I am jealous too...um where in Ontario are you? Because if its London, I am COMING OVER ...
sorry, we're just north of newmarket. It'd be quite a drive.....lol