I have yet, Another question

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I took momma cat,and 2 of her female kittens on Fri to be spayed and such... Well Momma is rejecting her kittens.. Just like she did with the last two.. She wont let them near her.. She growls and hisses. and the babys look at her like, I Dont understand. :-( And I Went to pick her up,and she growled and snarled at me...
What is wrong with her?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Many cats who go to the vet will freak out when they get back or have other cats reject them because they smell different. Cats go by smell so a different smell means a different cat. She probably doesn't recognize them as her kittens.

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
most vets will do a followup visit free of charge if you are concerned that something they did with the animal is causing an issue. If she is growling at your ever after 48 hours from spay, i would take her back to be checked over make sure there is nothing happening to cause the mood change other than stress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hmm Yea.. Prob is, I am going away for thanksgiving.. She is just a foster, and SURPOSED To go to her new home in the next day or so. AHHHH I Am running around like a mad women atm, to get things together.. I put her in the Cat Pen, and kept the kittens in the room...and maybe that will help, maybe she will get better, and just needed a break.. :-/ We will see

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalhouse

Well I took momma cat,and 2 of her female kittens on Fri to be spayed and such... Well Momma is rejecting her kittens.. Just like she did with the last two.. She wont let them near her.. She growls and hisses. and the babys look at her like, I Dont understand. :-( And I Went to pick her up,and she growled and snarled at me...
What is wrong with her?
My cats who absolutely adore each other will come home from a routine exam at the vet and hiss and chase each other for a couple of days after coming home. I think your mom cat will be fine...she's just needs a small break and a chance to recover.

Katie

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well those 3 went home on Mon,and Now I Only have 2 of the kittens, Which I have a home for, they will go tonight *As I am going out of town ver early in the AM*. But They havnt eaten since the others left... and neither have the other 2 kittens tht went to a home together... :-( I took these two to the vet, they are dehydrated... and Hackin up white foam stuff.. But they cant find anything wrong.. No Discharge from eyes or nose.. No cough or sneezing*outside the foam* They did a fecal,and no worms... What is going on with these two??? I dunno what to do, I feel soo horrid, they havnt eaten in 2 days,and one of these kittens, ared one that would Just WAIT for the food to be put down..and Gobble it all up, No probs... and now... smells it,and walks away... they dont run and play.. Nothing.. :-( What is going on? Anyone have this prob?

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*Sigh* well they are eating, BUT... they are still with me, the lady never showed for them! People, I swear! But now the lil girl is soooo Skinney and Boney. When at the vet she weighed 2.5lbs... And they are now like 13weeks old.. he was hardley 3lbs... I am feeding them Canned,and dry.. andcanned I Give them one pouch 4-5x a day.. to try to fattenem up.. and she is FINALLY Showing interesting in the Feline greenies she loved sooooo Much, so I am giving tons of those to her, hopefully to fatten her up.. Lol

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't that make you mad when people just don't show? I mean, at least have the decency to call or email and say that aren't coming. I have had this happen three times now and only one of the people emailed, and that was right after they assured me that nothing will change their mind and they will definately be there to pick them up...rrgg! I know how you feel. These three times were all concerning the same litter of 2 kittens.

Anyways, sorry it happened to you. I hope your kitties are doing better.

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they are doing better.. the male is very alluff though... he will sit and purr and meow at me, but if i go to pet or pick him up, he runs off.. and if i catch him, he glares at me... :-( It is like he is only here to eat lol. But the lil girl, is the SWEETEST Kitten! She LOVESSS to be held,touched, talked to.. just a GREAT little girl, just soooo Skinny! But they are eating like CRAZY! I think I am going through as much stinky food with these two as I did with all 6! hahaha Well Momma is doing great back at her new home! Kids LOVE her,and she is happy as can be! And the 2 siblings *girls* are doing great as well! They stoped eating when these did.. But she said they started eating thanksgiving night,and eat lots now! lol Soo all Is well.... My lil Male Kitten that went home, I Havnt heard back from them since the first week he was gone.. :-( I Hope all is well with him.. Last time i talked to them, he had pottied on there bed.. :-(

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by animalhouse

they are doing better.. the male is very alluff though... he will sit and purr and meow at me, but if i go to pet or pick him up, he runs off.. and if i catch him, he glares at me... :-( It is like he is only here to eat lol. But the lil girl, is the SWEETEST Kitten! She LOVESSS to be held,touched, talked to.. just a GREAT little girl, just soooo Skinny! But they are eating like CRAZY! I think I am going through as much stinky food with these two as I did with all 6! hahaha Well Momma is doing great back at her new home! Kids LOVE her,and she is happy as can be! And the 2 siblings *girls* are doing great as well! They stoped eating when these did.. But she said they started eating thanksgiving night,and eat lots now! lol Soo all Is well.... My lil Male Kitten that went home, I Havnt heard back from them since the first week he was gone.. :-( I Hope all is well with him.. Last time i talked to them, he had pottied on there bed.. :-(
Aw - sounds like they are doing better. The male kitten probably feels better than the female and that's why he's running around more. They're not all that lovey when they are kittens, LOL. Maybe they got a little bug at the vet? I've had bad experiences with the foamy vomit, and then again sometimes they are just hacking up some grass or something.
Oh - and I brought home a kitten who immediately pottied on our bed, and that was the first and last time that ever happened. Odd - but now he's doing great!

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yea.. they are better, no foamy, and eating like the lil pigs they are! Finally getting the tummy back on em!
If I stood there,and feed them everytime they ran out, I am sure they would eat alllll day..
Well I have someone coming to get these two this AM.... Hopefully... Her mom is taking the girl,and she is taking the boy! Yay! I will be starting petsitting for the next 11 days in someones home.. and I Wont be here alot, so I am glad they are going home, I wont worry that they arent getting the lovins. Thanks for all your advice! Hopefully She shows!