Magazines

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to send off for the cat fancy magazine but my dad has always said that ording magazines is a scam. But that didn't stop him from having every copy ever made of the "bunny" magazines. And I really want to order these magazines but I don't want to be hit with hidden costs. Has anyone here had good or bad luck with it. I don't even know if TCS has its own magazine.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to a few magazines - it's no different from buying them off the shelf, you just pay a little less in most cases, and they get delivered to your door!

I subscribe to Cats and Kittens, A Dog's Life and FilmInk. No problems ever! It's also a great gift idea for birthdays and Christmas, too.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I subscribed to Cat Fancy magazine for a while and I'm going to when I move into my new house in a few months. I've never had any scams from them - they don't sell your name and information, I've never gotten any mail from other companies because of Cat Fancy.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just renewed my Cat Fancy subscription and I love it.

I'm not sure if she wants this to be common knowledge so I won't say who exactly, but a former TCS Mod has an article published in the Jan 07 issue. (Just got it yesterday.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He swears that once you order a magazine subscription that they will come up with hidden bills. And although I doubhted it I didn't want to argue so I didn't order it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kinds of 'hidden bills'? I never heard of that! DH's complaint would be clutter, wich with my track record, I can see...but I'm not sure where he'd get the idea of hidden bills.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

What kinds of 'hidden bills'? I never heard of that! DH's complaint would be clutter, wich with my track record, I can see...but I'm not sure where he'd get the idea of hidden bills.
I don't know that's just what he says. My dad is kind of unique. He fusses at me because he says I think about cats and dogs too much and that people are going to think I am weird. When I ask about getting a second cat he says I am just like my mom I want a hundred of them, his ex-wife and she has 6 cats. He is a bit of a control freak. But I still wondered if anyone had any problems when ordering cat fancy or similar magazines.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I subscribe to 8 different magazines cat Fancy is one of them. I have never had any problems or hidden cost. You save alot of money by ordering them instead of paying for them full price in the store. It makes more sense to me to subscribe and save money.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gardenandcats

I subscribe to 8 different magazines cat Fancy is one of them. I have never had any problems or hidden cost. You save alot of money by ordering them instead of paying for them full price in the store. It makes more sense to me to subscribe and save money.
Well he thinks getting the magazines at all is a waste of money even though he gets those "bunny" magazines with the very skimpily clad girls in them. And I know I am grown but I live with him and I don't really like conflict but I think I am going to get the subscription for my Christmas present.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Excellant plan. Christmas is for getting things that you wouldn't normally splurge on.