Help..Need home for 2 cats in Lake Wales/Lakeland Fl

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HI Guys... I actually live in NY but my sister is getting married to someone extremely allergic to cats and needs to find them a home.

She tried a couple shelters but they were full and the SPCA euthenizes so they do not want to put them there.

One male named Oscar who is 11 yrs old (I believe he is orange) and a female name Precious who is 3 yrs old (Black and white i think). Both are declawed (yes I know but I did not do it!) and indoor cats only.

If you know of any rescues she may not know about or any one who would be willing to take them in please let me know.

I told here I would post on here to see if I could help her out.
Thanks so much!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by furryferals

Can't your sisters husband take medication for his problem?
There are a lot of good treatments on the market nowadays,I certainly would not give up my cats for anybody, allergy or no allergy
My sis-in-law used to alway's say I am allergic to cats so we can't come, well I am to so enjoy your Holidays alone
Take a pill

I couldn't give up mine either My first hubby always said he was allergic then after 20 years I got one
his eyes bothered him for a bit but they got used to it, I told him don't pet them then rub your eyes, they are alot of good medications most of them don't help me either but I just suffer, I have 8 so I just do what I can.
I hope they can find someone o take them if they can't work it out

sasha4848

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
See if she can convince him to give the cats a chance, most people with allergies will develop immunity after a month or so. When I was six years old I wanted a cat so badly that my doctor told my parents to go ahead and get one because I would get used to it. My dad and I sneezed a bit and had a few hives, but after a few weeks we were not allergic anymore.
If not, she may have to wait until a shelter has an opening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crys12065

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess Her Fiance loves her kitties and I guess he has tried taking medication for it. He can be around them for a few hours but then can not spend the night so she has to stay with him.

I would not give up my kitties either but everyone is different.

I think she got her mom to take the older cat and is still looking for a home for the younger cat.

She should be able to find them homes...she wanted me to take one but I am maxed out with my two because of there health problems.

Thanks guys!