Please stop frosting me - please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wish to be a grump, it has made me smile, but I do not participate in this kind of thing (usually don't know 3-10 people nor have the time).

I've been frosted 4 times now..it's in my sig that I have been frosted already(didn't wish to add the image), and these notices are clogging up my almost full PM mail box.

So...I am sorry, hope I am not disappointing those who've frosted me.

Thank you for understanding

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

What does that mean? Frosted?
Oh now you are in for it. You'll see!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frosting is something cute that someone started here. You'll get a PM saying you've been frosted.
I personally think it is very cute and enjoyed it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat & Alix, people were probably just trying to include you..and since they look for the little emblem in the siggy..they must have not known you've been frosted already.

No big deal, just delete the PMs..thats what I do when I get extra frost PMs

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the 3rd board that has something similar. Honestly I ignored the first few. Then I broke down and put the thing in my sig so I wouldn't get any more. I didn't want it there either. And no I didn't pass it on. It gets old ya know. I go on many different forums and most of them do this. So it's different poems but same ol thing. If someone came up with a different idea I might participate.. I know everyone means well though and I wouldn't have said something about it if this thread wasn't started already.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Pat & Alix, people were probably just trying to include you..and since they look for the little emblem in the siggy..they must have not known you've been frosted already.

No big deal, just delete the PMs..thats what I do when I get extra frost PMs
But it is a big deal to me. I feel bad - I'm not even answering these any more, and it causes my pm box to be full, meaning I have to get in there to empty the new messages out.

I don't think folks understand that while it is cute, and I do like being included, I don't want to be swarmed with this.

Again, thanks for understanding folks.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you all don't want frosted, it's as simple as delete the PMs and don't put up the I've been frosted sign.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd bet if you put the sign in your siggy, you'd be surprised how many fewer PM's you get about it...

There are probably not too many regulars that HAVEN'T been "frosted", so when people wanted to "frost someone" see you don't have the pic in your siggy, they jump on sending you one.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

If you all don't want frosted, it's as simple as delete the PMs and don't put up the I've been frosted sign.
uhm...the directions are to frost those not yet frosted. That is why I put up the note. I am sorry, but I don't want the frosted image in my sig.

I hope folks understand what it is like to get a bazillian requests for chain letters, the "I don't usually do this but" and other such from various lists and forums.

I am crying "UNCLE!!"....I will always make time to talk about my cats, toys, treats, the important things to me
but not this.
So....now I am unsubscribing from my own thread ;-)

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats what I did when I got frosted I checked others that post often sigs and if they didn't have the frosted sign I sent it on. Not knowing thay had been frosted allready a few times. It didn't bother me to be frosted. But I can understand that it can others.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure that after the post the other day where some members felt they weren't being included in posts, has led to members TRYING to include them in posts.That's why you've gotten so many of the Frosted PMs.
Noone is intentionally trying to clutter up your inbox and *make it bothersome*, they are just trying to make sure EVERYONE is included in something that is cute and totally harmless.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I'm sure that after the post the other day where some members felt they weren't being included in posts, has led to members TRYING to include them in posts.That's why you've gotten so many of the Frosted PMs.
Noone is intentionally trying to clutter up your inbox and *make it bothersome*, they are just trying to make sure EVERYONE is included in something that is cute and totally harmless.
BINGO!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Originally Posted by rapunzel47

BINGO!
I second that Bingo!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe if you dont want the little icon, you could put a note at the bottom of your sig

- NO FROSTING PLS -

Everyone else can still participate if they wish and I think we´d all get the message about your requirements

ps I didnt actually see it as a "chain letter" it wasnt mandatory to pass it on
and I also thought it was a nice way to maybe create some new contacts via the PM system

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i also wont be participating - am horribly behind with everything at the moment, and I dont have a sig, nor do I see others as I am on dial up and it is too slow to see them all, so I have no idea who has or hasn't been frosted to reply!!

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I hope folks understand what it is like to get a bazillian requests for chain letters, the "I don't usually do this but" and other such from various lists and forums.
There is a way to stop that...Copy and paste the whole e-mail including headers into a e-mail to, abuse@ (and insert here the last part of the address it came from)That'll stop them

Hey don't feel bad,were all entitled to be a grump now and again

I guess you won't get anymore after this thread,but it is just a bit of fun,thats the lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.