Cat Sitter vs. Cat DVD

georgethefish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was planning on getting Melly the Cat DVD for Christmas, but then I found a website selling both Cat Sitter volume one & two for the same price as Cat DVD & now i'm torn! Anyone have a preference?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgethefish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
there movies with just footage of birds & fish & squirrels that cats supposedly watch. Melly watches TV & likes the Cat DVD demo, so I think she'll enjoy one of them.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I bet my boys would like them too! Jacob had a video of fish in an aquarium that he really liked - have no idea where it is though. I think my daughter has it.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For the same price? Add up the length of Cat Sitter 1 & 2. If it's longer than Cat DVD, get Cat Sitter. The more variety the better, probably.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgethefish

I was planning on getting Melly the Cat DVD for Christmas, but then I found a website selling both Cat Sitter volume one & two for the same price as Cat DVD & now i'm torn! Anyone have a preference?
I have the Cat Sitter DVD and oh my goodness!!!!! she loves it!!! We don't actually go anywhere so we sit with her and watch it! She climbs up to try and catch the butterfly or the squirrel! Loves it!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgethefish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it appears that there is one hour of footage on each Cat Sitter movie & "nearly three hours" of footage on the Cat DVD. So time-wise, Cat DVD would seem to be the better value.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, those are some creative videos.

Do they work well though, thats the question?

Do you need 2, because I dont think the cats would mind watching the same thing over again....sorry, just my frugal self.

Well, I think you should get the pet sitter one...the preview is much more interesting..even to the human eye!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by georgethefish

from what i can see on the cat sitter demos though, it has video of the cats watching the videos. I don't know whether she'd like that or not.

here's the cat sitter website-
http://www.petsittervideos.com/

& the Cat DVD website-
http://www.catdvd.com/
They are just showing you videos of it actualy in progress with cats watching it. There are no cats in the actual movie!

Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

Wow, those are some creative videos.

Do they work well though, thats the question?

Do you need 2, because I dont think the cats would mind watching the same thing over again....sorry, just my frugal self.

Well, I think you should get the pet sitter one...the preview is much more interesting..even to the human eye!
It worked for mine, and from what I had heard for a lot of other peoples when I was looking it up myself. I have played the same one for her 3 times so far and she still likes it everytime. I would just say don't over play it, just like with toys. If they have it all the time they may not like it anymore.. So do it more like treats or special times. If you are going to be gone a real long time, to give them something to do for a while.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got the Cat Sitter DVD last year and my cats still aren't tired of it. Of course I don't play it that often, so that could be why, but I don't think they "remember" seeing this certain scene 30 times before, or that particular squirrel a few minutes ago. But none of my 3 girls like the parrots, for some reason. Willow loves those reddish-brown birds, Buffy loves the fish, and Molly keeps changing her mind (I think it's the butterflies right now, but it could be a bit of everything, except the parrots, lol). All of them get drawn in by the mice and gerbils, though, lol

I have loads of pictures of them watching it.

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you guys ever heard Jay Leno talk about his cat? Now there's a man to love - he adores his pusser and got him a video for Christmas last year, which apparently the cat watched ad nauseum - even `pestering' Jay to put it on for him every day! So cute...