Typhus Surprise Attack...Soon with 100% Less Mommypouch!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monday is spay day for my little hellion. It's been quite a few months since I've gotten a cat spayed, and I'm not quite sure if I remember the general modus for post-op care.

I DO remember the "Try to keep the silly thing from jumping around too much" part, as that was the biggest pain in the butt. Pudge was excellent at this as she's a fluffy little ball of laid-back, calm kitty (as were the two female fosters I've had before. All were/are medium/longhairs.).

Typhus, however is a little more flitty. Any suggestions on how I can pull this off with the least amount of lost sanity?

I also remember that I gave the recovering cats their own little room to get some uninterrupted rest in (while I stayed the course of spoiling them completely rotten, of course
).

Is there anything beyond that besides keeping an eye on the incision/watching for stitch-chewing?

(I'm assuming that this is the right subforum to post this in, as she's 6 months old. Please move this thread if it is not)

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest that perhaps you keep your little hellion in the cat carrier for at least 24 hours. My Tammy-Timmy looked really tired to me after I brought her home so I though I would let her out to find a comfortable place to sleep. Yeah, right.

Tammy jumping on the bed, Tammy jumping off the bed, Tammy jumping on the computer desk, Tammy jumping off the computer desk.

Vet says don't give too much food and water at first.....hummmmm....Tammy's head in the food bowl and water bowl, up to her nose.

If you have a straight jacket that might work, but don't bet on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

I would suggest that perhaps you keep your little hellion in the cat carrier for at least 24 hours. My Tammy-Timmy looked really tired to me after I brought her home so I though I would let her out to find a comfortable place to sleep. Yeah, right.

Tammy jumping on the bed, Tammy jumping off the bed, Tammy jumping on the computer desk, Tammy jumping off the computer desk.

Vet says don't give too much food and water at first.....hummmmm....Tammy's head in the food bowl and water bowl, up to her nose.

If you have a straight jacket that might work, but don't bet on it.
Haha... I've never had that happen. They were all very sleepy after their surgeries and pretty much slept through the remainder of the day/night.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would get a collapsable dog crate that is big enough for her food/water/litterbox and a blanket. I would keep her confined in the crate when you are not around to supervise her...that way, she can't "bounce" around too much.

By the way...thank you for getting her spayed.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Home and sleepy. The incision's nice and tiny, and she's understandably not much into food at the moment (surprising, as she's notorious for attempted food thievery if you turn your back for a second).

Just a "she's fine" update.