A little help please!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both boys want attention! Ever since Scratch has broken out of his shell, I've had issues with keeping them both happy at the same time. I'll have Bit in my lap and Scratch running around my side, and on top of the chair I'm in. I don't have enough hands to keep them both at bay. Would anyone like to come over and give Bit belly rubs while I scratch under Scratchâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s chin?

Scratch hasn't gotten brave enough to sit in my lap yet, but I think that's only a short leap away!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww it will be so sweet when Scratch jumps in your lap, too!

All I can tell you is practice up on being a multi tasked cat scratcher, holder, petter, carrier, etc.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I would love too!

I would have to try to bribe some snuggle time from Scratch, though, too.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try having 4 - Magnum bit me this morning for not paying him enough attention when for some reason Boomer was on the bed and Bumps always snuggles in bed and Scully was sitting on my legs so I couldn't even use my feet to pet them!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww I'll come and give Bit belly rubs for sure!!!! But then who would snuggle my 3???

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

Keeping kittys company is hard ahrd work!

It should be a full time job!
I'll say. I can't pet one without the other coming and wanting attention too. It would be so much easier if they actually were cuddle buddies, but they just tolerate one another and if I'm petting one and they see the other show up, they get their nose out of joint and go off and sulk.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

DH took this pic last winter:

They have grown since then....I don't know if I could do this now!
adorable

icklemiss21 - I thought Wonton was the only one who bit when he felt ignored... it's strange, he doesn't do it to me, but he'll do it to my bf.. He'll hop up into his lap and headbutt him, and settle down, and my bf will pat him for a bit, and then stop. Sometimes he's fine, but sometimes he wants more petting, so he'll headbutt a bit more, and if my bf doesn't pat him - he'll nip him! He's such a demanding little boy sometimes...

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds familiar.
This morning I was reading the newspaper after breakfast when Kolohe came for his morning head rubs and cuddles. So here I am rubbing Kolohe's head when Fluffy comes along and places his entire body between us. He does that every time he sees me paying attention to another cat. I moved Fluffy slightly to the side so that I could rub Kolohe with one hand and Fluffy with the other. It does wonders for my coordination skills, not to mention preventing Kolohe from swatting Fluffy.

I hope Scratch becomes a lap cat soon. Then you'll really have fun.