Guess what I'm doing tomorrow?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm getting out of bed at 6am, driving over to Target, and standing in line for a Nintendo Wii. DH and I decided that we have saved and paid off so much of our debit this year that we can splurge on it. I'm looking forward to spending this time with my husband, and playing video games all day tomorrow. It's going to be exciting!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope you get one!! Here in KY some people were camping out in front of the Best Buy to get the new PS3 and someone went by and shot them with a BB gun...no one was seriously hurt....people are nuts so be careful!!!

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh that sounds fun.

I was so excited when i bought my xbox 360 a few months ago. Gaming is my stress relief

What game are you going to get with it ?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm, I saw here yesterday on the news people were waiting hours in line at Best Buy here for them...

I don't get it? Can't you just pick one up whenever..why do people need to go like the very first day hey are out?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Oh that sounds fun.

I was so excited when i bought my xbox 360 a few months ago. Gaming is my stress relief

What game are you going to get with it ?
Zelda Twilight Princess!!!! I've played EVERY Zelda game ever made (even the crappy CD ones).

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Hmmmm, I saw here yesterday on the news people were waiting hours in line at Best Buy here for them...

I don't get it? Can't you just pick one up whenever..why do people need to go like the very first day hey are out?
Well for the PS 3 Sony only released a certain amount and who knows when they will release any more!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

They were most likely waiting for a PS3. I need a Nintendo Wii the first day it comes out because I am a rabid fan that can't live with out it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

They were most likely waiting for a PS3. I need a Nintendo Wii the first day it comes out because I am a rabid fan that can't live with out it.
Okay, if you say so...
...a rabid fan? That hilarious

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh the Zelda games are great, it comes with some 'party' games as well i have heard.

I saw on our news channel today the huge crowds when the PS3 was released in Japan, scary. Sounds like Sony have not made enough to cover the demand, happended with the PS2 as well.

We are not going to get one, its too expensive and we already have dvd players, dvd recorder, pc etc so a lot of what it can do is of no use to us. And until the HD-DVD -v- BlueRay is sorted we wont be spending any money on another system. The reporter also said that the release games with the
PS3 are graphically no different to the 360, and Microsoft have had a year to claim a big chunk of the market.

I love my Xbox
its great playing on-line with people across the world!

We may get a Wii just to play the new Zelda game, thats why we got a Gamecube as well for Windwaker. And the machine is so small, the controller may take some getting used to but it does look fun.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by VampireCat

Oh the Zelda games are great, it comes with some 'party' games as well i have heard.

I saw on our news channel today the huge crowds when the PS3 was released in Japan, scary. Sounds like Sony have not made enough to cover the demand, happended with the PS2 as well.

We are not going to get one, its too expensive and we already have dvd players, dvd recorder, pc etc so a lot of what it can do is of no use to us. And until the HD-DVD -v- BlueRay is sorted we wont be spending any money on another system. The reporter also said that the release games with the
PS3 are graphically no different to the 360, and Microsoft have had a year to claim a big chunk of the market.

I love my Xbox
its great playing on-line with people across the world!

We may get a Wii just to play the new Zelda game, thats why we got a Gamecube as well for Windwaker.
The best part about the Wii is that you can download classic games and play them. To me the Wii makes more sense because I don't have a TV that is going to be able to graphically handle the PS3. When DH and I get a new TV we will most likely buy the PS3 then.

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The PS3 people are crazy, and if you get one and sell it boy can you make some cash... Within the last 48 hours there have been two incidents in connecticut. People were waiting in line at 3 a.m outside a walmart and someone decided to rob them for their cash, obviously figuring they have 600 bucks on them. Well one person wouldn't give it up and got shot!
Then at the local mall one kid got robbed by 6 other kids for the system he bought, they caught most of them but I don't think they found the system. The victim was interviewed on TV, he was pretty upset he won't be able to get another one for a year! I hope they recover the system for him.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not being a gaming geek, I don't get it, but you do realize it gives Bit another chance to interfere?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Not being a gaming geek, I don't get it, but you do realize it gives Bit another chance to interfere?
I look at it as participation. The controllers are wireless so it should be okay.

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My brother in law prepaid for it a EB Games...so we have it forsure we just have to go pick it up at midnight today. I can't wait. I didn't really care for either XBox or PS3 but I love almost all nintendo systems that have come out.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Zelda Twilight Princess!!!! I've played EVERY Zelda game ever made (even the crappy CD ones).
Oh Zelda rules! You must show pictures of your Wii after you get it!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to get my boyfriend a Nintendo Wii for Christmas. I was talking to a girl at EB games yesterday and she said they are getting weekly shipments in so thats a good thing at least. I would never pay for a ps3, $650, plus games, plus another controller and everything you need plus tax would be like $1000. At least the Wii is only $279.

vampirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, you probably need a high definetion tv to get the best from a PS3.

Its recommended for the 360 but most of the games i have for it look fine on a standard widescreen.

Have fun tomorrow.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I hope you get one!! Here in KY some people were camping out in front of the Best Buy to get the new PS3 and someone went by and shot them with a BB gun...no one was seriously hurt....people are nuts so be careful!!!
Here they sold out of that Play Station thing in 13 minutes at Best Buy. People were camping out for 3 days to buy it. Some even paid homeless people to stay there and save their spot.

I'm not a gamer so I can't even imagine going crazy for something like that. I like playing board games like Scrabble or Monopoly or Careers.