Phones

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why on earth would you call someone at 7:30 in the dang morning just to say hi and then tell the person you are going to let them go.
I can't stand when people do that to me.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have learned to turn off my phone ringer and turn my answering machine on with the volume off. I no longer get woken up by phone calls. The worse are those that are wrong numbers or misdialed fax machine numbers!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No the worse are telemarketers

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Why on earth would you call someone at 7:30 in the dang morning just to say hi and then tell the person you are going to let them go.
I can't stand when people do that to me.
I had one of those this morning too! A friend of DH called around 6:30 and asked if we needed him to work today. I told him that if I needed him, I would call him and it's usually the night before!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I had one of those this morning too! A friend of DH called around 6:30 and asked if we needed him to work today. I told him that if I needed him, I would call him and it's usually the night before!
workers are the worst!

I have got used to it with my BF working in construction - those people get up too early and don't think anything of calling at 5am

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would literally say "I am sleeping, I will call you later"..and insert an angry word between am and sleeping.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, builders usually apologise right away if I answer the phone and say 'I will call back' before I have a chance to start explaining to them what 'normal phone hours' are... if he answers the phone they talk his ear off

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no people don't like me when they wake me up or in the am in general. I had a friend staying with me we were at her house but I was paying most of the bills, long story, anyway I was woken by her mother and had to go get her kid. Well after all was quiet she was trying to talk to me and I told her to leave me alone. Because I normally don't talk to people when I first wake up. She tried again and I tried warning her. The third time I told her to shut up. And about the last time I picked up a book and I threw it at her and I said something to the effect of leave me the **** alone.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Oh no people don't like me when they wake me up or in the am in general. I had a friend staying with me we were at her house but I was paying most of the bills, long story, anyway I was woken by her mother and had to go get her kid. Well after all was quiet she was trying to talk to me and I told her to leave me alone. Because I normally don't talk to people when I first wake up. She tried again and I tried warning her. The third time I told her to shut up. And about the last time I picked up a book and I threw it at her and I said something to the effect of leave me the **** alone.
Sounds like me.. 3 strikes you're out and I won't miss!

DH warns people all the time to not call MY phone before 9am on weekend but to call his. But our numbers are only 1 digit off from each other so they end up forgetting who's phone is who's but they find out REAL fast when I pick up

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Sounds like me.. 3 strikes you're out and I won't miss!

DH warns people all the time to not call MY phone before 9am on weekend but to call his. But our numbers are only 1 digit off from each other so they end up forgetting who's phone is who's but they find out REAL fast when I pick up
After that she would warn people and say she had the knot to prove it. She was lucky when back then I drank alot and when I had a hangover I was alot meaner cause she would wake me about 7am and I didn't even go to bed half the time till 4 am

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a phone near my bedroom, so if anyone calls they just leave a message. I usually don't even hear it ring.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't turn the ringer off becaue I'm freaked out that something will happen and no one will be able to get ahold of me, but I regularly receive late night phone calls from my friend, luckily I can fall back asleep no problem. Sometimes I can't remember if I really talked to him or if it was a dream

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hate the calls that come in late at night Telemarketers calling after 8pm is Crazy

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I don't have a phone near my bedroom, so if anyone calls they just leave a message. I usually don't even hear it ring.
Yep. I have one phone and that's in the living room. The only time I have taken my phone into my bedroom is if I am expecting a phone call and don't want to risk missing it by taking too long to get to the phone.

I don't even have a cell phone. I refuse to get one. If someone wants to talk to me they can leave a message at my home and I'll call them back. I think this whole cell phone era is crazy. Sitting on a bus and people are talking business or personal to their friends. Phones ringing during plays, concerts movies, dinner etc. It's annoying.