TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Phones
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Phones

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Why on earth would you call someone at 7:30 in the dang morning just to say hi and then tell the person you are going to let them go. I can't stand when people do that to me.
post #2 of 15
I have learned to turn off my phone ringer and turn my answering machine on with the volume off. I no longer get woken up by phone calls. The worse are those that are wrong numbers or misdialed fax machine numbers!
post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
No the worse are telemarketers
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom View Post
Why on earth would you call someone at 7:30 in the dang morning just to say hi and then tell the person you are going to let them go. I can't stand when people do that to me.
I had one of those this morning too! A friend of DH called around 6:30 and asked if we needed him to work today. I told him that if I needed him, I would call him and it's usually the night before!
post #5 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
I had one of those this morning too! A friend of DH called around 6:30 and asked if we needed him to work today. I told him that if I needed him, I would call him and it's usually the night before!
workers are the worst!

I have got used to it with my BF working in construction - those people get up too early and don't think anything of calling at 5am
post #6 of 15
I would literally say "I am sleeping, I will call you later"..and insert an angry word between am and sleeping.
post #7 of 15
Yeah, builders usually apologise right away if I answer the phone and say 'I will call back' before I have a chance to start explaining to them what 'normal phone hours' are... if he answers the phone they talk his ear off
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Oh no people don't like me when they wake me up or in the am in general. I had a friend staying with me we were at her house but I was paying most of the bills, long story, anyway I was woken by her mother and had to go get her kid. Well after all was quiet she was trying to talk to me and I told her to leave me alone. Because I normally don't talk to people when I first wake up. She tried again and I tried warning her. The third time I told her to shut up. And about the last time I picked up a book and I threw it at her and I said something to the effect of leave me the **** alone.
post #9 of 15
That is what I am like in the morning, people just leave me alone until I have had a snuggle with Bumps, a cuppa tea and a shower and my time on here
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom View Post
Oh no people don't like me when they wake me up or in the am in general. I had a friend staying with me we were at her house but I was paying most of the bills, long story, anyway I was woken by her mother and had to go get her kid. Well after all was quiet she was trying to talk to me and I told her to leave me alone. Because I normally don't talk to people when I first wake up. She tried again and I tried warning her. The third time I told her to shut up. And about the last time I picked up a book and I threw it at her and I said something to the effect of leave me the **** alone.
Sounds like me.. 3 strikes you're out and I won't miss!
DH warns people all the time to not call MY phone before 9am on weekend but to call his. But our numbers are only 1 digit off from each other so they end up forgetting who's phone is who's but they find out REAL fast when I pick up
post #11 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
Sounds like me.. 3 strikes you're out and I won't miss!
DH warns people all the time to not call MY phone before 9am on weekend but to call his. But our numbers are only 1 digit off from each other so they end up forgetting who's phone is who's but they find out REAL fast when I pick up
After that she would warn people and say she had the knot to prove it. She was lucky when back then I drank alot and when I had a hangover I was alot meaner cause she would wake me about 7am and I didn't even go to bed half the time till 4 am
post #12 of 15
I don't have a phone near my bedroom, so if anyone calls they just leave a message. I usually don't even hear it ring.
post #13 of 15
I can't turn the ringer off becaue I'm freaked out that something will happen and no one will be able to get ahold of me, but I regularly receive late night phone calls from my friend, luckily I can fall back asleep no problem. Sometimes I can't remember if I really talked to him or if it was a dream
post #14 of 15
I hate the calls that come in late at night Telemarketers calling after 8pm is Crazy
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover19 View Post
I don't have a phone near my bedroom, so if anyone calls they just leave a message. I usually don't even hear it ring.
Yep. I have one phone and that's in the living room. The only time I have taken my phone into my bedroom is if I am expecting a phone call and don't want to risk missing it by taking too long to get to the phone.

I don't even have a cell phone. I refuse to get one. If someone wants to talk to me they can leave a message at my home and I'll call them back. I think this whole cell phone era is crazy. Sitting on a bus and people are talking business or personal to their friends. Phones ringing during plays, concerts movies, dinner etc. It's annoying.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Phones