Welp.......Today I Bought 3 Ragdolls

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup.........I went to a Pet Expo here in Michigan. I went and talked to a well known Ragdoll breeder here in Michigan and ended up putting down a deposit on not 1, not 2, but 3 Ragdolls
The breeder had 2 male brother cream mitted Ragdolls that were up for sale that just turned 12 weeks old. I asked Nancy how much she was asking for them and she said $650.00 each with includes already being neutered
That is the going rate for a purebred Ragdoll in Michigan. Nancy said that she would prefer the brothers to go together if possible because they are inseparable. I said how much for both and she said $800.00
Well the two brothers were there with their mother a beautiful Tortie point Ragdoll that was just spayd. I kidded Nancy and said if I buy 2 do I get one free.......Hahahaha! Welp........Nancy said if I by the 2 brothers that I can have the mother for free.........I said "sold"
I got 3 purebred Ragdolls for $800.00
What a bargain! The father of the 2 brothers was there also and he is a HUGE cream point Ragdoll that tips the scales at 28 pounds and is solid as a rock
He is NOT fat even at 28 pounds! Unbelievable! She let me hold the monster and you would have to see him to believe it.......WOW! What a beautiful beast he was
I sure hope my two brothers get that big.......cuz I just love BIG Cats.....Meow! I failed to mention that I already own 2 female Ragdolls + a mixed breed male cat........Daaaayuum! Now I will have 5 Ragdolls and one mixed breed cat. Maybe I need my head looked at but I love cats and Ragdolls are my favorite breed. I will post some pictures next week when I pick up my 3 new furchildren
God help me......LOL!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW!! Thats amazing, how exciting for you to get 3 new furbabies?

I sure can't wait to see photos of them all!

Congratulations!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!!! Congrats!!!! (I went to the shelter to get Mia and came home with Sapphire too.)
I don't think I've ever seen a Ragdoll kitty.

schwarzekatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!
I love big cats too. Ragdolls are gorgeous! Maybe some day somebody will dump one of those for me to find. Hah!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Slave2_Ragdolls

Yup.........I went to a Pet Expo here in Michigan. I went and talked to a well known Ragdoll breeder here in Michigan and ended up putting down a deposit on not 1, not 2, but 3 Ragdolls
The breeder had 2 male brother cream mitted Ragdolls that were up for sale that just turned 12 weeks old. I asked Nancy how much she was asking for them and she said $650.00 each with includes already being neutered
That is the going rate for a purebred Ragdoll in Michigan. Nancy said that she would prefer the brothers to go together if possible because they are inseparable. I said how much for both and she said $800.00
Well the two brothers were there with their mother a beautiful Tortie point Ragdoll that was just spayd. I kidded Nancy and said if I buy 2 do I get one free.......Hahahaha! Welp........Nancy said if I by the 2 brothers that I can have the mother for free.........I said "sold"
I got 3 purebred Ragdolls for $800.00
What a bargain! The father of the 2 brothers was there also and he is a HUGE cream point Ragdoll that tips the scales at 28 pounds and is solid as a rock
He is NOT fat even at 28 pounds! Unbelievable! She let me hold the monster and you would have to see him to believe it.......WOW! What a beautiful beast he was
I sure hope my two brothers get that big.......cuz I just love BIG Cats.....Meow! I failed to mention that I already own 2 female Ragdolls + a mixed breed male cat........Daaaayuum! Now I will have 5 Ragdolls and one mixed breed cat. Maybe I need my head looked at but I love cats and Ragdolls are my favorite breed. I will post some pictures next week when I pick up my 3 new furchildren
God help me......LOL!
Thats great news! I always wanted a Ragdoll but I'm scared of all that fur.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats to you. I love ragdolls
You are going to have your hands full
I cant wait to see pics of these beauties!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's something I'd do - go to get a cat and come home with 3 because they were a "good deal"
How funny!!

Can't wait to see pics! It's great they're all staying together

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

That's something I'd do - go to get a cat and come home with 3 because they were a "good deal"
How funny!!

Can't wait to see pics! It's great they're all staying together
Well...............thats the thing.....I did not even go planning to get any cats at all
After seeing the breeder hold the mommy (Tortie) upside down and scratch her belly and she just stayed there loving it........I knew that I was a goner
I only have to neuter one of the cream point brothers as he was too small at the time. The other brother is alot bigger and is already done
The breeder was elated that all 3 cats are going to the same home together
Breeders like me I guess cuz when I bought my seal lynx point female 3 years ago a different breeder offered to give me the mother a beautiful mitted blue point for free also
She even payed to spay her for me. I of course said "Yes" to that freebie too
3 for $800 is even a better deal.......so I was not even planning on getting another cat but the deal was just to good to pass up
I will be living in a fur factory at my house for sure thou.......Ahhhh......Choooo.....LOL! I just can't stop thinking about the 28 pound dad that I got to hold with both arms out stretched......WOW! I always gawked at all the big Maine Coons at cat shows in the past cuz of their size.........but 28 pounds is like having a little horse living inside of your house....He was enormous to put it mildly.....Hahahaha.....Probably poops as big as a human too...LOL! I pray that my boys will get that big

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome! As we say in the fish hobby- great score!

I can't wait to see the pics of the them. I haven't seen a Ragdoll in person yet but from what I've seen in pics they are absolutely stunning!

Bryan

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I do like to take advantage of 'Buy one get one free' deals in the supermarket, but I'd never have thought of it with getting cats! That is a real bargain financially, and even more so when you think of all that love you're going to get, they sound like wonderful cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yup........I can't wait to add my 3 Ragdoll mini family next week
I just bought a new 6 megapixel digital camera recently
I sure hope 5 Ragdolls + a mixed breed cat are not too much to handle.......Hahahaha.......I have no real children so these furchildren are my replacements. Maybe I should change my user name to Slave2_many_Ragdolls

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations! I adore Ragdolls and have always thought that if I ever got a purebred kitty it would have to be either a Raggie or a Raggamuffin (especially seeing Kelly's Sabina!). And as a bargain shopper - gosh who could pass up that kind of deal?!?! That much furry beauty and love for only $800! I really can't wait to see pics, and you definitely NEED to post pics of all 6 much more often so us Ragdoll fans can live vicariously through you!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on your 2 Raggie babies and a Raggie Mommie too, and of course the other 3 furbabies in your home.
Your user name fits you well, slave 2 Ragdoll, I understand that phrase, as I am owned by a pride of Raggies as well, and they know I am just putty in their paws. I do love all cats, mixed or purebred, but the Ragdoll breed is of course our favorite.
We just took out our 5 month old Rag baby, Angel (seal bicolor) to her first TICA show where did very well, and became a kitten champion. I can't wait until we show her in Adult division where it really counts.
We have our very first retired breeder leaving us in December, she is going with her little boy, all the way to St. Louis. I have to say, it is hard to let them go. The family adopting both, I have spoke to at length, and I really believe they will stay in touch, and I know that the family is a perfect match for our retiring Momma. Your breeder will love you even more if you stay in touch, when you have the time.
, and of course pictures are a big plus.

I look forward to seeing pictures when your newest family members arrive.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't think of a better breed
Congrads on your new addition(times 3) As you know, you will be very happy, since you own raggies. right now I have 5 ragdolls, and just adopted a kitten ( a black half ragdoll) and I really don't find it too much different then having 2 or 3, so you should be able to handle just fine. Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures and "meet" your new babies.
I love my Ragdolls, and wish I had some one like you here, I have 2 males (7months) and turned down a good home for Ares, they could only care for one kitty, and I want them to go together, or I will keep them both! I am letting him go for half price and Chance, his chocolate mitted brother is free, but they have to take both. Chance is my favorite, and was going to be my new stud, until the disapointing vet trip where I learned he has a heart murmur
Even though I don't feel it will cause him much trouble, or it will be a huge expense with the vet,) I feel obligated to tell people worse case senerio, then there won't be any surprises if some thing ever came up, so I had advertised him as special needs. I am no longer advertising him though, I have grown so attatched to the little turkeys, I feel most people who have contacted me on him, only want him because he is a "free purebred" Or they don't want to take both, so it looks like they will be staying, if the right person comes along though, they will be getting 2 of the sweetest boys! I would like to see them in a home, but I don't care one way or the other. But, I am looking into buying a female adult breeding cat, she is a lilac bi-color, I have looked into it before (lilac mitted) and every time some thing comes up and it doesn't work out, so I am not getting excited about it yet!
I have a female that will have another litter and then being spayed so I will be keeping 1 (or2) of her kittens, if they prove to be the best quality of coarse! So I will be adding to my collection

To those who have never seen a raggie in person
you are missing out, LOL!