Animal Cruelty, people make me sick !

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant believe that people actually do things like this to poor animals, I also do think that the law doesnt do much punishment, theres a fine and a possibility of a jail time and i think that jail time should be a definate!!! So far in the last past 2 days on the news there were topics on animla cruelty and it just makes me sick here is one of the stories

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...73/detail.html

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately this will never end. It breaks my heart.

And yes people that do these things should have the same fate bestowed upon them.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I cant believe that people actually do things like this to poor animals, I also do think that the law doesnt do much punishment, theres a fine and a possibility of a jail time and i think that jail time should be a definate!!! So far in the last past 2 days on the news there were topics on animla cruelty and it just makes me sick here is one of the stories

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...73/detail.html
One of the most interesting places I have been recently was Bucharest, Romania, which has over a quarter million feral dogs running through the street. I can post photos if you wish but let me tell you, the dogs are all fed as good as the people. One of the former mayors wanted to kill them all but he was almost killed himself. Meanwhile, a quat er million dogs run feral though a large city and shop owners feed them and water them and just plain love having them around. So to rather end on a sour situation, let's follow that with the loving one I have just related. Fortunately, just as much good can be found as bad and I think the bad is overreported at least I hope that is the case..

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can remember a story over the summer on the evening news, where this dog, he was a yellow lab, was starved, and kept out in the yard, the news actually had a disclaimer before the story, and the photos were gruesome, the dog was emaciated, it was a rotting corpse of a dog tied up on a leash. I could NEVER do something like that to Mr Jinx, he is my little angel, my best friend and teddy bear. I LOVE that cat with all my heart. And could NEVER even fathom doing something like that to him.

kittensunlimite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
tell me about it. i do rescue and am in training to become a 24 hour emergency vet for the ASPCA. i had to shadow a controll officer and the things i sawl wre awful

kittensunlimite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScottF

I can remember a story over the summer on the evening news, where this dog, he was a yellow lab, was starved, and kept out in the yard, the news actually had a disclaimer before the story, and the photos were gruesome, the dog was emaciated, it was a rotting corpse of a dog tied up on a leash. I could NEVER do something like that to Mr Jinx, he is my little angel, my best friend and teddy bear. I LOVE that cat with all my heart. And could NEVER even fathom doing something like that to him.
i testified on that case.... i do animal rescue and i was one of the people who stated that we would of brought the dog food. the lady claimed she didnt have the money

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OMG - do not get me started. And this recent story about the Chihuahua comes from a town close to where my parents live. UGH.

And you $%*#ing better believe that if people do this to animals, they could just as easily do it to a person.

scottf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittensunlimite

i testified on that case.... i do animal rescue and i was one of the people who stated that we would of brought the dog food. the lady claimed she didnt have the money
I think it was in East Pennsboro Township, Cumerland County Pa. I think this particular one involved a man.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to turn the news off when I hear of such horrors. I really think adding it to the news influences others to do it. It's like the new rave. It's exactly why we took the stray in last night. I saw some young kids hanging around and when the kitten hurt the boy he went back to do something to it. ARGH!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean I walked away from the news whenever I heard about the dog I posted earlier but that was the third time that week that something was on the news and all were different animals and I kept hearing about this particular case it just wasnt ecscapable lol, I try not to watch things like that because they make me very mad and I also get upset and I agree it is contributing to people doing it more and I am soo happy that you took that kittie in
crazyforinfo !!!! These people make me so mad and at least when the news does say something about it they do add that they are going to punish the people but half the time that cant even find the owner or who ever done such a rotten thing, they never found who did this to this doggie
and to think that that was someones pet and everything and I always go fishing up were this took place and now I am going to keep my EYES OPEN when I am up there. We have a feeling that someone through Bella out of a car though because she will walk by a car and she wouldnt get in one until my mom came back with food
since that day I saw Bella she had adopted me as her meowmy
. Our old kittie boo (R.I.P) she was thrown from a moving car by our house and my mom heard her meowing and so we took her in and Bella is just like her in some ways dealing with how she was with cars and the people were we found Bella said she just showed up !!!!! But the funny thing is we took her to get fixed and the vet called us back and was like o she has scars so we believe she is already fixed
so someone owned her at one time...and the vet told us she was only a year old !!!!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw a dog on Animal Precinct the other night that just made me so angry and sad... I still can't stop thinking about him! I watch those shows all the time but this one dog just really got to me... It was a really sweet black and white mixed breed. His owner had douse him with motor oil to treat a very bad case of mange (first of all that is REALLY bad for dogs) and she had been walking the dog off leash when the dog went away from her and into I guess it was the lobby of her apartment building where a bunch of teenagers were, and one of them PUT A LIT MATCH ON THE DOG, knowing he was covered in oil! The dog ran back out on fire. She brought the dog to animal control. He had 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over his back and the tips of his ears were burned off. Despite how much pain he must have been in, he was totally friendly the whole time, even when the ASPCA officers picked him up to take him to their shelter and when the doctor examined his burns. The dog was so badly burned that they had to anesthetize him to change his bandages.
They later found out who had burned the dog, it was a 12 year old boy. They did not press charges but did arrest him hoping it would 'scare him straight' (he did not show any remorse for what he did) but he did not even care about being arrested, let alone for what he did that that sweet dog.
I just can't believe that anyone would do something like that to a living creature. It was also amazing how friendly and sweet that dog was despite everything that happened to him.
This did have a good ending at least, the dog ended up in a very good home. At the end of the show the new owners said they felt like they were his parents and they were very protective of him...

The same episode had another case that made me really angry... This guy had gotten angry at his stepson so he took his cat out and tried to throw it into an empty lot nearby, but instead the cat got caught on the barbed/razor wire at the top. He just left it there. There was a fire station right next door, he could have at least asked them to help the cat, but nothing. Luckily someone from the fire station saw it and they rescued the cat. They were able to find him because he dropped his wallet by the fence. When the cruelty investigator came to ask him what had happened, he kept saying "For a cat? All this for a cat?" He also said (as if it were no big deal) that he had chased the cat around the kitchen trying to hit it with his belt because it jumped on the table, and it scratched him which is apparently why he decided to throw it over the fence. >
Thankfully the ASPCA took the cat and amazingly it had no injuries that they could find, and also found a good home...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thats great I used to watch those shows but they get to me way to much
people are just soo irresponsible and it makes me soo made
I cant believe kids these days learning this stuff, people just dont know how to teach kids animals have feelings too !!! These people need to start learning the right things and it just makes me mad because these people half the time like you said dont even care when they do something like that
the world today !!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The sad truth is this - as long as there are people, and as long as there are animals, people will continue to abuse animals. The good news, is that for every one deranged sicko out there that causes deliberate harm to an animal, there are about 10 wonderful people out there picking up the pieces, working in shelters, rescues, fostering homeless pets, adopting animals that need homes, and truly making a difference. My hat is off to these people, who we truly don't hear enough about...the media delivers the gruesome tidbits, as that is the type of news that sells and keeps the public tuned in, unfortunately. But, let's take a moment and reflect on the facets of animal welfare that the media sadly overlooks...people that CARE! People who actually help, and educate, and put their blood, sweat, and tears into making the world a safer place for animals!

Here's my challenge to everyone this Christmas...drive to your local shelter or rescue organization, and make a donation to the people who combat the sickos whose stories infiltrate the news. Let's turn the attention to people who are worthy of attention.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I saw a dog on Animal Precinct the other night that just made me so angry and sad... I still can't stop thinking about him! I watch those shows all the time but this one dog just really got to me... It was a really sweet black and white mixed breed. His owner had douse him with motor oil to treat a very bad case of mange (first of all that is REALLY bad for dogs) and she had been walking the dog off leash when the dog went away from her and into I guess it was the lobby of her apartment building where a bunch of teenagers were, and one of them PUT A LIT MATCH ON THE DOG, knowing he was covered in oil! The dog ran back out on fire. She brought the dog to animal control. He had 2nd and 3rd degree burns all over his back and the tips of his ears were burned off. Despite how much pain he must have been in, he was totally friendly the whole time, even when the ASPCA officers picked him up to take him to their shelter and when the doctor examined his burns. The dog was so badly burned that they had to anesthetize him to change his bandages.
They later found out who had burned the dog, it was a 12 year old boy. They did not press charges but did arrest him hoping it would 'scare him straight' (he did not show any remorse for what he did) but he did not even care about being arrested, let alone for what he did that that sweet dog.
I just can't believe that anyone would do something like that to a living creature. It was also amazing how friendly and sweet that dog was despite everything that happened to him.
This did have a good ending at least, the dog ended up in a very good home. At the end of the show the new owners said they felt like they were his parents and they were very protective of him...

The same episode had another case that made me really angry... This guy had gotten angry at his stepson so he took his cat out and tried to throw it into an empty lot nearby, but instead the cat got caught on the barbed/razor wire at the top. He just left it there. There was a fire station right next door, he could have at least asked them to help the cat, but nothing. Luckily someone from the fire station saw it and they rescued the cat. They were able to find him because he dropped his wallet by the fence. When the cruelty investigator came to ask him what had happened, he kept saying "For a cat? All this for a cat?" He also said (as if it were no big deal) that he had chased the cat around the kitchen trying to hit it with his belt because it jumped on the table, and it scratched him which is apparently why he decided to throw it over the fence. >
Thankfully the ASPCA took the cat and amazingly it had no injuries that they could find, and also found a good home...
I just saw that one too! I almost cried! You know the ones that DO make me cry and are the hardest to handle are the horses. A cat or a dog, if loose can scavange for food, eat rodents, drink out of a puddle, ect, atleast. But, a horse SILENTLY waits to just die, they are often in stalls with muck to their shoulders, or muddy back yards with NOTHING. they aren't given hay or water, and the grass is none or little, and they slowly deteriorate. They don't bark and raise attention like a dog, they can't raid a trash can, I just could go on and on, but I can't stomache these cases when they show them, it takes months for a horse to loose all their fat and muscel to the point they are finally rescued in. I just can't see how some one can watch a horse (or any animal) get treated that way. Alot of the time they say the couldn't afford to feed the horse and the loved it, well if they love it so much and are poor, why wouldn't they sell it? I mean horses aren't cheap, they could have atleast gotten a couple hundred dollars for it, before it got to be skin and bones, and have the horse be loved and FED. If I had no money I would sell the horse before I let the money waste away to death in my front yard.