Dancing with the cats?

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ok, its been well documented that most of us like to sing to our kitties, but how many dance with their kitties?? most of mine are not to thrilled to be picked up, but I've found a dance partner in my latest addition, Athena!! I'm listening to an 80s and 90s R&B station on my cable and the song "I can't Wait" by Nu Shooz came on, ya know (or maybe not) the one that "Iiiiii can't wait!! do do do do do do do do ya know I love you!" anyway
it's a very dance-able song so I picked her up and bopped around the living room
I think she liked it!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
8-Bit is a wonderful dance partner. He will just purr and purr when I pick him up and bop around the apartment. Scratch however will get get a little shy and want to be put down.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dance partner is Kiko. If Im dancing around he just sits there staring and meowing at me until I pick him up. Once I do, I will dance all around with him and he just purrs so loud.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I would dance with Molly all the time! We had special dances we would do together.
Abby hasn't gotten quite that friendly yet!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Howler will only let you do it for so long then he is saying ok ok i had enough put me down LOL kera will let me dance around with her all day and purr.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lily will let me dance with her sometimes but only slow music. Otherwise she wiggles and gets away. Kitten doesnt like to beheld at all. So I can never hold her for more then a few seconds with out her scratching me. Annie Rose umm will bite and scratch most times I hold her. Everything must be on her terms. Bagheera would let me dance with him though.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You crazy cat people!! Who would dance with their cats?
OK, I do... and they both look at me like I'm crazy.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tavia doesn't really like being packed around so no. And if I tried the dogs would get over stimulated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I actually thought she might get sick, I was really shaking it with her
Originally Posted by pushylady

You crazy cat people!! Who would dance with their cats?
OK, I do... and they both look at me like I'm crazy.
all the rest of them were looking at me like "You better not even try that with me!!"

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor kitties. We smell them. We dance with them. What's next?

Okay, I'll admit Katie's my dancing partner. She likes country music the best.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Tavia doesn't really like being packed around so no. And if I tried the dogs would get over stimulated.
My dogs love it. But your right they do get WAY to excited after Im done with them. Well actually Jada (beagle/JRT mix) gets overstimulated and then wants to play and jump which gets Buddy (aussie/doxie mix) excited and then they get Annie upset and then they get to go play outside.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yep, I am guilty of doing that, too. Miagi tolerates it, Tiger doesn't so much.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dance with kitties. I think I'm going to right now.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, the other day I was doing the dishes and a song came on that I did an airband to in high school...well I started trying to remember the routine..and dancing away...Trout looked at me as if she was embarrassed to be my daughter ..

Funny thing is, she shamed me enough that I stopped dancing..

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Trout looked at me as if she was embarrassed to be my daughter ..
Funny thing is, she shamed me enough that I stopped dancing..
Now that is funny

Magnum bops me on the head if I try it, the others don't mind at all and Scully and Bumper will actually get jealous of each other and cry for the other one to be put down so they can be picked up

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dear Fred loved me to dance with him. He liked me to sing to him while we danced. I miss my little dancing partner. All of the ones I have now will bite me if I try to dance with them.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't dance with 'Mita cause that would be cruel(she's blind). Lily tolerates dancing, Ophelia has taken up biting me if I touch her, Twitch just wants to sleep, but dear dumb Dorian(I mean that in a nice way) will tolerate anything. I feel bad dancing with him cuz I can't tell if he actually likes it, or if he's just letting me dance with him cuz he doesn't have the guts to hiss at me!