Alpha died - new man in the house?

casiokitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have six cats. I used to have eight. The eldest (Zed) passed away a few months ago. This last month everyone elses behavior has changed. The next oldest is Casio. Really mellow kitty, but recently he and our next oldest bully male has started picking on our 2 year old cat which is the youngest. This is something new because they all used to love him. How can I help our baby?
4 males and 2 females. 1 female is downstairs and the other is upstairs with our 4 males. She does okay. Just these 2 male cats that are the problem. Again, I say, how can I help our baby?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im sorry to hear about Zed

There really isnt a lot you can do. They must work out their "heirarchy" now. I would let them, unless they are fighting to blood shed. Then I would separate them and re introduce them, as they had never met each other.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

casiokitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Im sorry to hear about Zed

There really isnt a lot you can do. They must work out their "heirarchy" now. I would let them, unless they are fighting to blood shed. Then I would separate them and re introduce them, as they had never met each other.
Does bloodshed include seeing tufts of a long haired black cat's fur laying around the house while we are gone? How would I reintroduce them?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by casiokitty

Does bloodshed include seeing tufts of a long haired black cat's fur laying around the house while we are gone? How would I reintroduce them?
Hmmm I would say, yes that is blood shed. But others Im sure would say, that is normal. But I am WAY paranoid with things like that.

Here is a thread where Yosemite explains how you can help them smell more like each other using vanilla and also a thread about reindroductions.

Help! Reintroducing cats not working!