Help, I cannot get my kitten to eat much of anything

biskit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is drinking water pretty good, but she wont eat much of food. We tried dry, all kinds of wet, baby food, kitty glop. This is the kitty who we believe has FIP. Does anyone have any ideas! Please send them on, she needs food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biskit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She's been to the vet, twice. And had her test results confirmed at CSU, the biggest Vet hosp in this part of the country.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to say this, but if FIP has been confirmed and she is now struggling to have an appetite, it sounds like it is her time - my cat with FIP did the same, looking back I tried to tempt her for too long simply cos I didn't know enough about FIP. Please dont let her suffer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biskit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does FIP take them this fast? Its only been 4 days since diagnosing it. I have read alot about this horrible sickness, but I don't find much about what to exspect over the coming days

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Ismene died within 4 days of a suspected case of FIP.... I'm so sorry your kitten is not doing well

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I hate to say this, but if FIP has been confirmed and she is now struggling to have an appetite, it sounds like it is her time - my cat with FIP did the same, looking back I tried to tempt her for too long simply cos I didn't know enough about FIP. Please dont let her suffer.
I have to agree. FIP is fatal, and if she's not eating, it's time to think about ending her suffering.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadly, yes, wet FIP can kill within weeks, and after dealing with it and the research I have done since, I would always euthanase as soon as the result was confirmed, it affects each cat so differently, and none of the things it causes are pleasant, and some you wouldn't know. I Read an article confirming this earlier this year, I am not at work though, so can't send it to you. I read loads to find one that said that, as my neighbour doesn't believe in euthanasia, but the majority did say a timespan, and wet was weeks, dry was debatable, but even best case scenario was a week.