What does your cat smell like?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At Epona's suggestion, I thought I'd start a thread with this question!

There have been times when both my kids smell like cookies - thanks to the miracle of vanilla extract, but Ginger's standard fur smell reminds me of hazelnuts (be careful with your comebacks, nut lover friends!)

I love to bury my nose in the fur on the back of her neck!

As far as Ferris is concerned, I can't get my nose close enough to his fur to tell, LOL!

How about YOU? What do YOUR kitties smell like?

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ivo smells slightly of musk. Gypsy smells like, well, cat. She's the cattiest-smelling cat I've personally known.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, considering Wiggies decided to take a dump in the closet this morning, then fell in it, he ain't smelling too pretty right now.
Pushy on the other hand, I love to bury my face in his lovely fur and breathe him in. He smells neutral, clean, doesn't remind me of anything.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Moofs smells of wood-smoke at the moment
shes been outside and theres lots of people with wood burning fires here (yes even in Spain it gets a tad cool now and then !)

Dino smells of lavender - cos thats the smell from the fabric softner that his blanket has been washed in

Peps...........um she dont smell

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Well, considering Wiggies decided to take a dump in the closet this morning, then fell in it, he ain't smelling too pretty right now.
I just choked on my lunch!

Poor Wiggies!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I know thats not funny, but the way you worded it really got me laughing! Poor Wiggies!

Harley and Davidson... uh, they don't smell
They smell like sweet kitties!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, it's hard to pin down a specific smell with mine - mostly just sweet and natural.

Katie smelled really yummy a few years ago when she decided it would be a good idea to roll around in chocolate flavored powdered sugar while I was baking.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Hmmm, it's hard to pin down a specific smell with mine - mostly just sweet and natural.
Thats how mine smell. I love to put my nose in their fur and smell them
I also love to feel them breathing on me

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadie & Dexter smell like...
Sugar and spice and everything nice...
because that's what kitties are make of.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Duke smells kinda baby powdery....He was hiding under the sink this morning.
Sibohan smells like Satsuma body spray since she got in the way while I was getting ready for work this morning. (no worries, non toxic)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

Katie smelled really yummy a few years ago when she decided it would be a good idea to roll around in chocolate flavored powdered sugar while I was baking.
Mmmmm...I would've given her lots of kisses!

Yes, Wiggies is feeling sorry for himself. He jumped up on my husband in bed, and woke him up. DH was patting him, then sat bolt upright with "what the **** is that?!" Poor little Wig wags, I have no idea why he did that or how he got it all over his head, but we always suspected he was a little poopy-head!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky smelled like Mango Tango which was the shampoo the groomer used on her. Rambo smells like wet food...since he went head first into his breakfast this morning! (that's my food obsessed boy!!)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kandie usually smells of what ever the entree of the day is ....

Zoey usually smells sweet

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pushy on the other hand, I love to bury my face in his lovely fur and breathe him in. He smells neutral, clean, doesn't remind me of anything.
That's the way Tavia is. She doesn't smell like anything but herself. But she doesn't smell bad she smells good. Is hard to explain

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm I don't know, I'll have to give them all a sniff when I get home and report back!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Hmm I don't know, I'll have to give them all a sniff when I get home and report back!
That's a whole lotta sniffing you've got to do!
Hey, you're not allergic to cats right?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls smell like cat food most of the time! Sometime phantom smells a little like poo especially when it gets stuck in her fur. Phenom usually smells pretty good.