DH made them a Cat Tree!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, well I don't have all the pics to show you, cause I'm at work. But I thought I'd get a few of them up so you can see what we've got. DH made them 2 awesome cat trees, and there will be a "cat walk" for both my little models.
This is only one side of the cat tree as I was having problems uploading pics to flickr last week. But there is a cat tree on each side of my entertainment center, and then there will be a long cat walk that goes from one side of the room to the other....I think it's awesome, and can't wait to get the pics of the other side up for you all to see!

and the baby taking his nap...doesn't he look like a little fox?!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! If he ever starts making them to sell, let me know, I will be the first customer!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That is great!!!
The cats seem to love it.
Am I understanding you right? They will be able to go from one tree to the other by a catwalk? That will be so cool!

I can't wait until I'm finished the one I'm building. It's been a long, slow process....but the end is nearing.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is very cool!!!!!
you know sometimes i wonder, how come they dont make things like that adult human size, heh looks fun to play on

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! I will definately show this thread to my hubby! He LOVES to hear feedback, so I'm sure this will make his day!!!

Originally Posted by Pami

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! If he ever starts making them to sell, let me know, I will be the first customer!
He was really considering it Pam. The only question is, how do you ship something like that?! We don't know..... It's heavy, but he made each side in parts, and then when he brought both parts upstairs, he just drilled screws into it to keep it together.... If your serious, I'll ask him whether or not he'd want to do another one....oh, and my only request was that it "matched" my living room....I didn't want one that was all different colors.

Originally Posted by SophieC

Wow! That is great!!!
The cats seem to love it.
Am I understanding you right? They will be able to go from one tree to the other by a catwalk? That will be so cool!

I can't wait until I'm finished the one I'm building. It's been a long, slow process....but the end is nearing.
Yes. There are 2 cat trees, one (pictured) on the left of my tv, then one on the right side of my tv. And there is a long beam (carpeted) that sits on top of both cat trees to connect them....the "catwalk".
However, right now they are purrrfectly content walking on top of my entertainment center....which LuckyGirl has always done without causing any trouble....Louie on the other hand, you can tell when he's been up there, all my wedding pics are knocked over....(Louie thinking to himself: "that's MY MEOWMY!!!")

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

He was really considering it Pam. The only question is, how do you ship something like that?! We don't know..... It's heavy, but he made each side in parts, and then when he brought both parts upstairs, he just drilled screws into it to keep it together.... If your serious, I'll ask him whether or not he'd want to do another one....oh, and my only request was that it "matched" my living room....I didn't want one that was all different colors.
The shipping is always what makes them so expensive!
But I absolutely LOVE how he put fuzzy carpet between regular carpet. It looks very sturdy and wide. I would most definitely be interested in one. Tell him to give me a price quote, including shipping to Birmingham, AL!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That thing is HUGE!! I bet the babies are loving it! My attempt at making a cat tree didn't turn out so well. I will have to give it another go in the spring!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

The shipping is always what makes them so expensive!
But I absolutely LOVE how he put fuzzy carpet between regular carpet. It looks very sturdy and wide. I would most definitely be interested in one. Tell him to give me a price quote, including shipping to Birmingham, AL!!!
we measured to fit each side of the entertainment center to the wall....that way it would fit good. It is wide, I think the one side is over 30 inches wide & the other is 27 (we have a 4 inch part of the wall that comes in a bit). And they are about 6ft tall, and deep too, I'd guess about 2 ft deep. And then there's the catwalk....that beam is over 6ft long too....I'll get a guess-timate from him....and then we'll have to figure out how much it weighs....and you'd have to figure out where you want it, and measure for perfect size. I'll talk to him & let you know what he says.....

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, that's great!
You have a very talented DH

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! Heather thats really an awesome cat tree. Harley & Davidson want to know if they can come over and play too?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Feel free to send Tom over here to make us one!!!
Trust me Susie, some days I'd love to send him to Ohio, or the moon, whichever comes 1st!

Originally Posted by babyharley

Wow! Heather thats really an awesome cat tree. Harley & Davidson want to know if they can come over and play too?
Thanks Kenz!!! Absolutely the boys are welcome anytime!!! We'll put the Fancy Feast on ice till you guys get here!!! (oh & we're having beautiful warm, sunny weather in Philly?!
)

Originally Posted by clixpix

Hey, that's great!
You have a very talented DH
Thanks Kelly!!! He is a very talented carpenter! (it's getting him to change a light bulb that's the trouble....
)

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow I really wish I could make Tavia something like that although right now I would have anywhere to put it. But that will hopefully all change by the end of next summer or fall. Would Tavia be able to come over for a party too that way she can meet Harley. She still has her eyes on him .

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder how cost effictive it really is to make your own? Could you get an estimate on how much materials cost and how long it took him to build. I'm going back and forth between buying one and making one. Leaning toward buying because of the time and resources it would take me to make one. I've found w/ other things (like clothes) it's costs as much if not more to make them myself. Espically once you figure labor into it.