The monster under the bed

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you remember when you were little and you didn't dare put your feet outside the blankets in case the monster that lived under the bed grabbed your toes and bit them off? We all outgrew that, yes? Well. I have to tell you you better be afraid, be very afraid, as the monster is alive and right there waiting for any toes that peep over the edge of the bed. The monster is very fast and has very sharp claws, it's black so it can't be seen in the dark, and its name is......... ELLIE!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes i have a monster as well Jenny and she goes by the name of Rosie!. I was just getting back into bed this morning after going to the bathroom and she came from no where and grabbed my feet!.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jenny, I bet you have fun through the night!! Well, Ellie does at least!

Annie and Willow are my monsters, they notice even the slightest toe twitch under the duvet and off they go!

Annie even tries to dig me out from under the duvet every morning!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Do you remember when you were little and you didn't dare put your feet outside the blankets in case the monster that lived under the bed grabbed your toes and bit them off? We all outgrew that, yes? Well. I have to tell you you better be afraid, be very afraid, as the monster is alive and right there waiting for any toes that peep over the edge of the bed. The monster is very fast and has very sharp claws, it's black so it can't be seen in the dark, and its name is......... ELLIE!

YOU have a monster under the bed too?!?!

The monster under my bed isn't black (or at least the black monster doesn't actually try to eat my toes...). It's white and apricot and grey. It doesn't have the camoflage that your monster has, but it manages to HIDE very well behind the blanket that hangs over the side of the bed.
The monster under my bed is named GINGER!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two monster to beware of when walking past the bed. One's black/white, the other is gray/white. They are frightening creatures and one never knows when they might attack. Their names are Gracie and Peter!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These monsters sure do get around, don't they guys?? I have only 1 and his name is Boogieman Bailey!!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My monster isn't quite that smart because even when he hides, I can still see him (usually his striped tail...what kind of monster has a striped tail??). I've been lucky though....the monster under my bed tends to attack my DH's feet at night!!!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a monster on top of mine! He sneeks up in the night and plants himself right over my head, and in the morning I have a furry brown pillow .... Actually he takes the whole pillow up and because I only have one pillow he becomes the pillow wether he likes it or not!

But then he plays with my hair to wake me up ....

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mine were always alligators....yup alligators. Too much animal planet as a kid I guess.... but I too have a monster under my bed....and he will lurk behind the bed skirt and lunge for your achilles tendon like no other!!! This is the same night time monster than turns the light on & off all while leaping & landing on/off my butt.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My monster is ON the bed. My lazy fellow! If I have to get up in the night (and let's face it some of us "older" ladies need to do that), he doesn't even move to make it easy for me to get up. When I get back to bed, I have to climb over him to get back into bed and he'll often welcome me back by trying to lick my eyelids. Yup - I sleep basically in the middle with John on one side and Bijou on the other.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

mine were always alligators....yup alligators.
Mine were actually wolves. Growling, snarling, DROOLING wolves. Never made much sense to me even as a kid because I love wolves - they are so beautiful. But that's what was under my bed and made me jump from the middle of the room to the bed until I rigged up a way to turn off the light from in my bed.
Well, at least I was using my creative side I guess.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My monster is gray and white and goes by the name of Phantom. Spooky! I can't believe we all have them!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

My monster is ON the bed. My lazy fellow! If I have to get up in the night (and let's face it some of us "older" ladies need to do that), he doesn't even move to make it easy for me to get up. When I get back to bed, I have to climb over him to get back into bed and he'll often welcome me back by trying to lick my eyelids. Yup - I sleep basically in the middle with John on one side and Bijou on the other.
That sounds like Snowball, except he welcomes me back by trying to sleep on my chest so I can't breathe!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL I am glad I don't have to worry about the monster under the bed anymore Tavia decided that it wasn't a good idea because that meant she got evicted from the bed.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The monster can't get far under the bed, since it's a waterbed, but there's a useful space between the pedestal and the overhang of the blankets
the monster tends to be black with a cinnamon dusting, going by the name CINDY -- except, of course, when she's on top of the bed killing bedmice.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
After over 7 years of living with the tuxedo monster under the bed, we're both in the habit of always wearing socks to bed!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have 5 monsters here.But ours do not wait under your bed.They hide behind the couch and when you least expect it, they pounce on you.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr. Puff pounched on hubby's chest the second night home.. and he bit my toe cuz I guess I wiggled it..lol. So our monster isnt under the bed. It's on top of the covers! lol

dont_eat_bambi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
my monsters are also on top of the bed all four of them...
with their nice sharp claws and little pointy teeth...