Eating alone in a restaurant

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Will you do it?
Everyone around here seems to busy to eat lunch out with me today. The problem is that I am REALLY craving sushi, or soup & salad at Olive Garden. I have never gone to a restaurant to eat alone because it seems like it would feel weird, and well just lonely.
Is it strange to go eat alone? I could get take out, but not spending time away from the office makes for a long day.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure - I don't have a problem with it! I have to travel sometimes on business, so unless I want to hole up in my room, I have to go out to eat! I enjoy dining out, whether it's with someone or alone!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is one thing that I have not been able to bring myself to do, and there have been plenty of times that I wanted some chinese buffet, but just felt too shy to go out by myself
I think this may be my New Year's resolution!! I will go to eat by myself and to the movies by myself!!!!! I say go for it Tanya
you can be my inspiration

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go ahead - there's absolutely nothing wrong with eating by yourself. Sometimes, I prefer to eat by myself...some me time you know?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that it's fine to do Tanya, if you feel comfortable doing so, then go for it!
I however do not feel comfortable doing it. I am one of those annoying girls that says "I have to go to the bathroom, come with me?!"

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see anything wrong with it but I can't do it. I feel lonely when I am out alone. But if you have a good book then go out and take your book and enjoy a leisurley meal with a good book!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I do it sometimes. There's this gourmet burger place around the corner that has the best milkshakes. It's always packed in there tightly, but nothing will keep me away from their sweet potato strings or their strange burgers ....

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do. I always grab a newspaper and read and eat. It keeps me from staring at people when they are eating

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Plus, I love to people watch!
A girl after my own heart!

If i'm not meeting my sister or friends for lunch on a saturday i usually have a sandwich and a coffee on my own. And i either do what Sarah said about people watch or flick through a magazine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I want to go, but I really so uncomfortable about it.
I'll feel like everyone is staring at me thinking "Look at her eating alone, she's weird."

I have no problems going to the movies alone. That doesn't seem strange.. but eating is different.

I could print out my lecture notes for my chemistry class and pretend to be studying while i eat!

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I could if it wasnt really fancy kind of place but if it was nope couldnt go alone LOL

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I want to go, but I really so uncomfortable about it.
I'll feel like everyone is staring at me thinking "Look at her eating alone, she's weird."

I have no problems going to the movies alone. That doesn't seem strange.. but eating is different.

I could print out my lecture notes for my chemistry class and pretend to be studying while i eat!
If you take your notes, I promise you, it will be a lot easier!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have gone to a restraunt alone but normally order take out and I don't really like doing that by myself I hate the feeling of people staring.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Will you do it?
Everyone around here seems to busy to eat lunch out with me today. The problem is that I am REALLY craving sushi,
SUSHI!!!! i would go with you, but oh well i am in ohio. Sure i would go alone in a heartbeat. infact unless itta is here and i want sushi i kinda have to go alone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, you guys are going to be disappointed in me because I chickened out and ordered take out

I was literally half way out the door and decided I couldn't do it, so I called them
I am going to bring my food back to the office to eat, and then run up to Pottery Barn to kill my lunch hour. I have a gift certificate... that I CAN spend alone

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One day when you're feeling strong, take your favourite book and go do it! These days no one thinks twice about a woman on her own in a bar, cafe or restaurant of any kind. I have done it all over the world. Just relax and be nice to your server, who will probably see you are shy and put you at ease.