Whoops!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just managed to break the flush handle off our upstairs toilet!

I was aiming to do a bit of cleaning in there and when I flushed, the handle just made a snapping noise and is now dangling off the cystern!

Looks like that will be yet another thing to add to my list

Is anyone else as much of a disater area as I am?

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least you did it at home, after visiting a friend in hospital I went into the Ladies to was my hands and the top of the tap came off in my hand

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't feel bad. I was house sitting for my parents and got up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and broke the toilet. hte whole flush assembly had to be replaced. Don't ask how I did it cause i have no idea!!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am...I just flattened another tyre in my car for the 2nd time in 1 week! That makes 3 tyres in 5weeks!!! aaaarrrggghhhh!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad I'm not the only disaster area!

Anne, I did something similar in a camp site toilet!
Everyone else who did it after me thought they had done it!

Brandi, that's so funny! I wonder how you managed that one?

You're probably right, Susan! I just don't know my own strength sometimes!

Colleen, we're still in the rental (things are going slow) so it's a bit of a pain in the bum so soon before we move out!

Abymummy (sorry I don't know your name!
) It sounds like you're having a tyre run in at the moment!!

Well, I've managed to get the thing to fluch using a bit of force on the internal mechanism, so it should last until tomorrow when I can get out to the DIY place!

Going to work with fairy hands for the rest of the day though, so I don't break anything else!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both of our toilets are broken! The basement toilet needs to be manually flushed; you have to reach into the thingy and hold down the plug or whatever until it sucks and wait a few seconds. It's bloody cold in there!
The upstairs toilet has a perpetually broken seat ... I've fallen off the toilet many, many times ....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Quill_luv

Both of our toilets are broken! The basement toilet needs to be manually flushed; you have to reach into the thingy and hold down the plug or whatever until it sucks and wait a few seconds. It's bloody cold in there!
The upstairs toilet has a perpetually broken seat ... I've fallen off the toilet many, many times ....
It really seems like we're all a little too heavy handed with our toilets!

We're going to be doing the manual thing now - no fun, is it?

The funny thing is, we were unable to use our upstairs loo for about 7 months (from the day we moved in) as the base was cracked and moved all over the place!
Now that's replaced, I go and cause more damage!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I broke my mothers toilet seat about 6 months ago..........at least it was her and not my mother in law!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was staying at my friend's house one Christmas Eve, and when I washed my hands after going to the bathroom, something happened to the faucet and the sink wouldn't turn off! It was stuck on full blast, and it was Christmas Eve!

One day at work, I wasn't even using the sink, I was just sitting at my computer when the cold water handle popped off all by itself and started spraying water full blast. It's one of those lab sinks with the handles off to the side. We had no clue where the shut-off valve was either.