Cat question

becky33f

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure what is wrong with my cat. He is now getting on the table to eat our food, makes a very strange meow. Yes I do feed him
He climbes in the sink to eat and drink what ever is left in there. Any suggestions or is this normal?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spalding and Missy love drinking out of the sink.

Personally I don't allow cats on the table when I'm eating. It didn't take long to train them, everytime they tried we said NO and stopped them. You'll need to be careful leaving leftovers around, wouln't want your kitty getting sick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

becky33f

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1 cup purina cat chow

pickles81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Pickles....shes my baby. My bf does not let her on the counter or table. She knows that too....but its strange that she knows that when just I'm home....i let her do it.
Also...i let her taste my food all the time (only if its appropriate) like....chicken, hamburger...stuff like that. I dont give her garlic, onions and stuff thats bad for her...even though im sure people food isnt the healthiest. She even has her own glass of water on my night stand to drink out of. hehehe Shes my wittle baby and i love her!!!!! VERY spoiled!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by becky33f

1 cup purina cat chow
You may want to try another brand of food. Cat Chow may not be giving him all of the nutrients he needs and is seeking out more. You can do a search on this site for a more premium brand, there are some cat food gurus on here, that really know a lot about cat food. Wet food would also be more filling to him also. As it is closer to the "natural" food cats eat. It also has more protein.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canned food is definitely better, if only as half the meal... mine 3 always have a about 2 tablespoons of canned (every kind of Fancy Feast or Friskies) plus ~ 15 'crunchies' at their two main meals, plus smaller amts for their evening snacks - no fat cats here.

pickles81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I give Pickles wet food once a day....the fancy feast....she has her favorite kinds....plus dry food for whenever she wants to snack. I also give her crunchy treats twice a day (there called Temptations) and then she, like i said, gets to snack on some of my food...or shall i say 'taste' it.

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pickles81

She even has her own glass of water on my night stand to drink out of. hehehe Shes my wittle baby and i love her!!!!! VERY spoiled!!!
I really miss having my glass of water on the nightstand but I draw the line at sharing a glass with my kitty!

pickles81

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well....lol i dont share the glass of water during the night or anything with Pickles...i have my own bottle of water there and she has her glass of water. Just wanted to let ya know.