Rat S.O.S. need some help please! Anyone?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone live in the Cincinnati area or Southern Ohio who like rats and wouldn't mind helping me out?

I have been in contact with someone desperate for a new home for his sisters rats. She decided she didn't want them and was going to let them loose. This person was desperately trying to find them a home with no luck. I was supposed to go down to Cincinnati tonite until tomorrow but my plans had to be cancelled for various reasons. Well while I was down there I was supposed to pick them up. I feel really bad because this person was so grateful to get them into a new home. He can only keep them a week tops.

Does anyone in that area or Northern Kentucky like rats and would like to either take them in perminently (this will save the trouble of transporting them and having to rehome them myself) or if anything just keep them for a week or two until I can get down there to get them?

I know this is sort of a long shot, but the lives of these little ratties depend on it. I can paypal you some cash for rat food and everything. Help would be gratefully appreciated. If anyone can do anything at all, please give me suggestions. If anyone that lives in the line of Cincinnati to Akron would be able to set up a transport too that would be wonderful. I am probably pushing it though with that request...

Please PM or reply asap if you can help out here. Anything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks, should I just email someone there or is there forums on that site?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Good Luck, Jen! I hope you are able to find some help, at least through those forums....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I have posted on so many different forums and asked and emailed so many people, about 5 people from that forum that Malikitty showed me and no one even responded.

I don't think there is any more I can do. I tried. I just hope they don't let the rats loose to fend for themselves, especially now that it is winter.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

Oh I have posted on so many different forums and asked and emailed so many people, about 5 people from that forum that Malikitty showed me and no one even responded.

I don't think there is any more I can do. I tried. I just hope they don't let the rats loose to fend for themselves, especially now that it is winter.
i woud tell them not to do that.
In my case I had two females. I wanted to keep them I just didnt have the room. I had a feeder rat who had 14 babies, i was at my max.
i took them to a pet store who took them in. I wasnt promised they wouldnt be snake food but there was no way i could feed them to my snakes or keep them.

Its hard being a snake owner and a rat owner. many feeders of mine have been to hard to give up. esp my new rat weanling Batman..he is adorable!

Your doing the right thing by really trying to avoid a bad fate for these rats. try petstores if you can.

good luck, I hope everything works out for these guys!