o.k. I just gotta ask this.........................................

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many of *us* are guilty of keeping boxes for our kittys to play in?
I do!!! You should see my living room with all the boxes.DH says,"why don't you throw some of those boxes out?They're taking up half the living room."
I always look at them and think........would the kits like this one.......would it be too small..........be too big................how long will it last.

who else is guilty? SPEAK UP!!!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our kitchen currently has five boxes and 2 paper bags in it! The living room is well stocked with a "kitty condo" we constructed out of about 9 boxes.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, I don't know what your talking about....really....I don't have to climb over mountains of boxes to get around my apartment...really....

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am extremely guilty of this. I have 6 boxes right now in my living room. One on top of my dining room table. 3 in the study. I get bottled water and with small short boxes those come in, I made a kitty train

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have an actual Cat House that ours live in. It's a 20 x 40 former mobile office unit that is just for them. It has wooden shelves for them to climb and sit on, an old couch they can hang out on (or shred
) along with about a dozen 12x12x12 cardboard boxes we had from our recent move. Each on has a old pillowcase or towel folded up in it, and they
to sit in them. I can go down to visit and find three or four occupied at any time.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As you may have seen on the SS thread when my Secret Santa gift arrived, my boys love boxes! They don't normally destroy them like they did that one though! Yes, I have a tendency to keep a couple of boxes around for them to play in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the kits like the boxes better 99% of the time, than they do the toys.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't really leave out boxes for my furbabies just because i'm way too tidy for my own good and put everything where it belongs
....someone stop me please!!
/ But if I do have a nice large box I will let my girls play with it for a day or two and then toss it out...other than that, I don't really leave them around.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now Nikki, you mean you are depriving the babies of having fun in a box?

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My whole family is guilty of that!
If my dad gets something shipped to his work and it's in a big, beater box, he brings it home for the kittens!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Now Nikki, you mean you are depriving the babies of having fun in a box?
Don't worry, your God kitties are far from deprived
- i think spoiled rotten is more like it
They make up for the lack of boxes by strewing kitty toys, fur, furballs, and litter all over the house
they're very into "revenge"
. (my duplex is tiny so there's really no extra room for a box to occupy....so i only leave them out a few hours or so for them to play with and once they've worn it out, i recycle it
- Colin is actually talking about building a huge kitty tree for my foster kittens at his house- so we don't keep boxes there eithor. I can't wait to see that when he starts/finishes!!!)

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!! tell him to take a look at the cat tree Shawn and I made.It may give him an idea or two.

And by the way, YOUR God kittys are spoiled too

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well, I don't really leave out boxes for my furbabies just because i'm way too tidy for my own good and put everything where it belongs
....someone stop me please!!
/ But if I do have a nice large box I will let my girls play with it for a day or two and then toss it out...other than that, I don't really leave them around.
Ditto

jessicasoosweet

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am guilty of keeping all the boxes (big or small) until my kitties destroy it and then it goes....I also have a room full of those kitty cubes set up in a maze.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

LOL!!! tell him to take a look at the cat tree Shawn and I made.It may give him an idea or two.

And by the way, YOUR God kittys are spoiled too
Do you have any pictures of it????

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok My skin kids and my fur kids are more excited about the box then the toy or what ever come in the box LOL so yep we get to keep all the lovely boxes LOL