What is the laziest thing you have ever done?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I have sunk to a new low
We are having Thanksgiving Dinner here next week, and because my brother is allergic to cats, I have to do a deep cleaning on the house, to include washing the upholstery. I went out and bought some new furniture today so I don't have to wash as much.
My only defense is that we were planning on getting new furniture in the next year or so (my set was 14-1/2 years old) and we got it at a good deal. We just moved up the time line a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My old set was getting kind of nasty. It's a tan microfiber and it is supposed to be delivered by midnight. You don't have any laziness to share to make me feel better?

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Karen, I am the queen of laziness, If a pan is too hard to clean I will throw it out LOL LOL There is more and I don't want to embarass myself LOL LOL I'm loving that you bought new furniture, you are my kind of woman!!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could buy new also.
As for being lazy, if I don't feel like doing dishes, then I do sandwiches or we eat off paper plates.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If there's some leftovers in the fridge that have been there for a bit too long, I'll throw out the tupperware and all just so I don't have to open it up
I usually buy the cheap tupperware, never the spendy stuff for this same reason

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lakeriedog

I once hid dirty dishes in the oven (before we had a dishwasher)
I used to ALWAYS do that if the parents were coming over....thats not lazy, its just good sense..

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I'm the queen of "toss it out rather than deal with it".
Too dirty pans, clothes with stains I'd rather not put tle elbow grease into, etc...

PS: Karen you're going to LOVE the microsuede/fiber furniture. We've had ours for 6 months and its not showing any age yet and it really is very easy to clean.

phishmarisol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh Karen, I am the queen of laziness, If a pan is too hard to clean I will throw it out

I'm so glad someone admitted to this. I've thrown out probably 3 things this year because they got so dirty and I just said forget it. If I told you all how lazy I was you wouldn't believe it. Or how dirty.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even if im flat broke i'd rather spend my last 5 bucks on Chinese food than cook. When I do cook I always fake I have a headache so DH will clean up...lol

I think the only thing I am not lazy about is cleaning up after Ceci, im actually pretty good at cleaning her box

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned how to pick stuff up off the floor with my toes... so I don't have to bend down and pick it up

I'm also guilty of occasionally pretending that something is too heavy so a guy will move it / carry it / etc for me. Well, and I guess there's a little flirting in there too

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well this is pretty lazy of me but its really Maia's fault!
When I am crashed out watching TV and she wants to play, I toss her toys and she brings them back to me! I don't even have to get up, she will even jump up to where I am sitting and give it to me!
Yes she fetches all the time and gets mad when I don't play, she will meow at me to throw her string, thats her favorite!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O.k. ladies, how about this one........
when you just don't feel like shaving your legs, you wear pants to cover them up.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I think I have sunk to a new low
We are having Thanksgiving Dinner here next week, and because my brother is allergic to cats, I have to do a deep cleaning on the house, to include washing the upholstery. I went out and bought some new furniture today so I don't have to wash as much.
My only defense is that we were planning on getting new furniture in the next year or so (my set was 14-1/2 years old) and we got it at a good deal. We just moved up the time line a bit.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh Karen, I am the queen of laziness, If a pan is too hard to clean I will throw it out LOL LOL There is more and I don't want to embarass myself LOL LOL I'm loving that you bought new furniture, you are my kind of woman!!
Well, if you're the Queen of laziness, I've met the King!!!

About 4 years ago I went to visit a friend in Detroit. OMG! Talk about lazy!!!

He had lived in his apartment for over a year and hadn't finished unpacking.

He also didn't have a vacuum cleaner so his carpets had never been vacuumed! Good thing he didn't have any pets.

His bathroom was gross. I swear that he never swept his floor and that every single hair that he shaved off his face in that time was on the counter or floor.

His kitchen was kind of clean, only because he never used it! Really! He had never turned on his stove or oven in the entire time he lived there. He ate out or ordered in for every single meal. And his fridge had a pound of butter and some Sunny D in it... nothing else. And his stove was piled with boxes and odds and ends stuff that he never got around to putting away after unpacking it.

His living room had open suitcases that were still packed laying around on the floor from a trip he took to Africa 4 months before, and you couldn't see his coffee table for all of the extra computer parts he had laying around.

And the worse was his spare room which was his storage room. There were literally mountains and mountains of dirty laundry including packed boxes of dirty laundry that he carted from his last place. His closet was totally empty, his 6 drawer dresser was completely empty, and his linen cupboard was completely empty.

Yes, he did tend to work long hours (12 hour days), but even on his hours and/or days off he preferred to do other things like play a computer game, watch movies, or sleep rather than clean or do his laundry. When he ran out of clean clothing he went to Target and bought more. When he ran out of towels or sheets, he went to Target and bought more. He really, really, did!

I went there for a week long visit and I couldn't stand it!!!! While he was at work in the day instead of me going out shopping , I stayed in his apartment and cleaned and did laundry. It literally took me 5 days of doing laundry from about 8am to 10pm to get all of his laundry done. He had to go out and buy himself some of those big plastic storage bins so that his clean clothing could be put somewhere. By the time I was done his closet was jammed packed with hanging clothing, the top shelf was piled to the point I had to use a chair in order to reach high enough to put anything in there. His dresser was filled to the point it was hard to close the drawers and he had 5 large storage containers in the corner of his room stuffed to the brim with folded socks and underwear. His linen closet was also packed full.

When I wasn't doing laundry I was cleaning his bathroom and unpacking for him.

He kept telling me not to, but it bothered me so much to see his place in such disarray that I couldn't stop myself.

Now he was lazy!!!!! Since I was there he's bought a house (probably with all of the money he saved not having to go out and buy new clothing, towels, sheets every week, LOL). I haven't been back, but I'm sure his new house is in the same state. I can't imagine how he manages yard work...he probably has someone do it for him, lol