help with kittens age

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok whenever i got stormie we were told that she was 10 weeks old that was October 18 i want to say i know it was a wensday! But then 2 days later we took her to the vet and he said she was too big to be 10 weeks old but then again u can look at her paws and see that she is going to be a biggg kitty, and she is a manx/cyrmic because she is a long haired lol, she weighed about 4lbs and i thought that sounded about right and she looked big yes i said that when we got her too but if you would see the size of her paws i think it would make sense, am i crazy or is the vet right here i will show a few pictures one from when we got her, they are close up, and one from last week! Hope someone can help me! It is like a guesing game with the kittens age lol, also i tried to email the lady and she wont resond, and she was getting rid of her cats because she is pregnant and i emailed her and told her how the kitten was sick and had fleas and earmites so if i were here i would do something about that before the baby came you kno !!!! But some one please help me !!!
this one is from the day we got her

And heres her standing up tall looking in the mirror last week

Not the best photo but her sniffing the couch lol

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your little lady could be 10 weeks.
she's got big ole paws...makes her look larger.
my stewie is WAY larger than his sister..like he was born 2 months earlier.

what a doll though...she's a looker!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of a cat is she? I know what a manx is but I am not sure what a cyrmic is? I think she is probley older then 10 weeks, she looks like she is from the pics but it's hard to tell from a pic. I bet she might be around 14-16 weeks, but who knows.
She doesn't look sick in the first picture of her, but if you sent the lady a nasty email saying she was sick and she better do some thing before she has a baby, you might not get a response from her, I probley wouldn't either.
I know I have a hard time with fleas, I don't have any outside animals at all, and I still get fleas here, just where we live nothing I can do about it. I keep all the cats treated with frontline and do flea treatments. If some one adopted a kitten from me, and even after baths and drops some how picked one up before it left, I would be a litle offended if I got an email saying they were full of fleas and sick, I can't control having fleas where I live, so I just try to keep them clean and frontline updated.
Mabey if you have a different approach, you may get a response from her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
o no i didnt send it mean i sent her an emial letting her know that the kitten was sick and that she should check her other cats and do something about the fleas and i double checked it to make sure it wasnt mean lol also i wanted her to know because she had 5 cats and 2 were outside and the others werent and thats probly they got it but she got rid of three so i wanted to let her no so her other cats and herself wouldnt be in any kind of jeopordy, also the kitten was 10 weeks and she didnt have shots or nothing and only a couple of her cats were fixed lol, also the first picture is when we brought her home and the last 2 would be of her at 14 weeks and a cyrmic is a long haired manx lol sorry for all of the confusion, but like i siad i just wanted to let her no and i didnt want her other kitties to be in jepordy or anything same with her

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if she just had a lot of cats and they bred randomly, I doubt she is pure anything at all. She is beautiful though. I love huge paws on cats. Maybe you should forward her some links for low cost altering too

She looks like she could be 10 weeks.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya well this kitten didnt come from the lady's litter, it came from her moms whos cat had a litter at the same time as the girl, and so the lady i think took a kitten from her mom and then she found out she was pregnant and so she got rid of the kitten and an outdoor cat and an indoor cat, her kitties are very friendly i can say that i wanted to take them all that she was selling but we simply dont have the money or the room lol but like i said the vet said she was too big to be ten weeks and i didnt think the chick would lie to us you know, maybe i give people to much credit idk tho but i still was just going along with what we were told cause of those big old paws lol and we got her oct 18 so she would be about 14 weeks thats why i gave a couple different photos and the first one of her is when we first brought her and she layed down and was watching my other kittie lol the whole time she was sick she didnt look it, i could tell though you kno i am around all my kitties and she was just too different by the 2nd day she wouldnt even play.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's too bad she is sick, I didn't mean she wasn't sick, she just didn't look too sick I thought that was a good thing she looked pretty healthy.
From your post it sounded like you may have been less then polite with her, I'm glad you weren't rude, if her cats are sick, you may be able to have a relationship with the lady, and get her to treat the remaining cats, and like jen said get a list of low cost clinics to her to help her with her cats. Either way, if you remain on a resectful pleasant level with her, you may be able to help her cats she has left too, if not she won't respond to your emails and you can't help her to help those cats.
You are probley right, though, I am sure she isn't going to just lie about her age, and she probley is 10 weeks she is beautiful, though! (I just thought if she was older, she may have just made a mistake, saying 2 1/2 months meaning 3 1/2 ,months, that's all I meant)
She is such a doll, it looks like you got a wonderful kitty!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its kwl i didnt mean to make it sound like that and ya thats what i thought but the vet and you kno how that is it makes you think lol...i also wrote the lady another email sending her pictures and everyhting she wanted us to keep in touch and i didnt have time because of the kitten being so sick and thank you for saying she looked healthy she is such a handful tho but i love it lol, and bella is getting used to the activity too i even caught her giving the kitten kisses the other nite it was soo cute and then i wasnt able to tell if they were fighting or playing lol. But like i sadi i wrote her another email and told her that if i sounded mean i didnt mean to you kno and that i ws just trying to look out for her kittie and i also told her that i didnt kno were the fleas came from but she should check her kitties out to be on the safe side, i believe i said that in the first one but she never replied so all i can do is wait and see, i just think the vets are crazy these days i went there and some little girl got bit by some guys dog that he left tied up outside and he went in the waiting room so i dont like going there anymore lol ! And as clinics we have one that is really cheap and its also for ferrals and things so we go there, and i believe my mom told her about it but i am not sure. But ya thanks for the help, thats why i made this post was to get other peoples opinion on it too and i just wasnt sure and i hope she is reading my emails because i told her im not accusing her because i dont kno were the fleas came from but she is expecting so its better to be safe then sorry you kno ! It took alot of convincing for my mom to get stormie but she seen the picture on line and she was like ok whats the number lol...its my kittie but my mom always wanted a manx lol!!! And so stormie has sinuses and my mom is waiting to get a little bit of money to get a humidifier for my room for her but all these cats are spoiled!

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You should be able to find out how old she is once her adult teeth begin to come in. When i got kirra the lady said she was + or - 9 weeks, i didnt think that was right, she was to small to be that old. My vet pegged her around 7 1/2 weeks but than in September when i took her in for seizures, the vet saw that her first adult teeth, the upper incisors, were in, which helped him peg her age better, it turned out she was more like 5 or 6 weeks when we adopted her.Most kitties get their first adult teeth around 3 1/2 to 4 months old is what he told us.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
whether she was sick or not when you got her, she certainly looks good and healthy now that she is in your care! She looks good.
All you can do as far as the other lady is try and help her the way you are and hope she gets back, if not, you have done what you can, the rest is up to her.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Malikitty

You should be able to find out how old she is once her adult teeth begin to come in. When i got kirra the lady said she was + or - 9 weeks, i didnt think that was right, she was to small to be that old. My vet pegged her around 7 1/2 weeks but than in September when i took her in for seizures, the vet saw that her first adult teeth, the upper incisors, were in, which helped him peg her age better, it turned out she was more like 5 or 6 weeks when we adopted her.Most kitties get their first adult teeth around 3 1/2 to 4 months old is what he told us.
To add to that, the adult teeth are usually completely in and baby teeth gone my 6 months.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO those pictures look 10-12 weeks old so that's about right.

A cymric is just a fancy way of saying longhair manx

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well the lady emailed me back and told me how people can get fleas which i knew but ya you can it anywhere and i said that in the email but i kno my babys didnt have it because they get flea treated my big lab is allergic to them so we know when we have fleas in the house lol...but she did tell me that i should check the other animals which i have done lol, and i got nothing about the age, and i guess the most i can do is trust the lady !! I asked some questions about stormie but i didnt really get answers to them just the fleas and the ear mites, which all this i known because i have has numerous cats all my life lol!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

well the lady emailed me back and told me how people can get fleas which i knew but ya you can it anywhere and i said that in the email but i kno my babys didnt have it because they get flea treated my big lab is allergic to them so we know when we have fleas in the house lol...but she did tell me that i should check the other animals which i have done lol, and i got nothing about the age, and i guess the most i can do is trust the lady !! I asked some questions about stormie but i didnt really get answers to them just the fleas and the ear mites, which all this i known because i have has numerous cats all my life lol!
Mabey just humor her, and say the fleas could have been there, what ever, and ignore that you know where they came from, LOL. Try just talking about the kitten and how she is doing, (now) and just not mention any thing about fleas or the mites, you have told her, if she checks hers she will know. Let her know that the vet thinks she is older then said, but because she told you her age, and the fact that she has them big ole feet you think that the age she gave you was right, and ask if she remembers a birthdate, just so you know it, and you can be sure when you tell the vet. It is hard to deal with some people some times

I am having a hard time with the lady I sold my horse to, infact I haven't been able to email her back. She sent me a nasty email about how her vet told her that MY horse was so lucky she found him and saved him (from me,
I just want to scream at her!) I rescued the horse 2 years ago, all 4 of his feet were abceses,they were all chipped and cracking, he was about 260-300lbs under weight, and about 40% of his body was covered in rain rott and he was loosing his hair! I spent 2 years working with this horse! I got most of the weight back and cleared up the rain rott, heis hair wouldn't grow and he was under weight so I had to blanket him all winter. I soaked all of his feet every day, as well as picked nasty scabs from rain rott, and had to take a rag soaked with anifungel crap and soak the scabs he had every where! I spent several hours every night in the freezing cold with this horse. In the end I decided (after getting his feet pretty much under control, they just needed a little more time growing out, getting most the weight on him, and getting the rott completely cleared up) that he would be better off with some one that had a drier pasture and more money then I do, you know, to finish what I had pretty much taken care of. Well she has the nerve (knowing what I had been through with this horse) to tell me how he is doing good now that she has him, and her vet, farrier said that he was so lucky she has him, and his feet and teeth hadn't been done in years! Then tell me who ever put his shoes on put the wrong ones on, well, shoes usually need to be reset, and wont stay on for years (a week before she bought him, I had his feet trimmed and had shoes put on the front to try and support the crack, thats all they were used for.) I sold him for way less then I should have, because he needed shots, and some wotk still, ect, but she knew it when she bought him, and to turn around and treat me like I put that horse in a bad condition, and how she would never sell him back to me after all the work SHE put in him, she wouldn't want him back in that condition! (she has had him for about 2 months) She says he has gained all this weight and he is doing so mich better now, come on, what could she have possible done for him in 2 months? All she had to do was put a few pounds on him and finish what I already mostly did for her, and now he is this 3000 horse that every one wants, and she almost traded for another horse. She is going to trade him in after 2 months, and I worked so hard with him for 2 years!
Sorry, this is completely off topic, I was stating that some times you have to try a different approach if you are going to get any where with them

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe thats good that you rescued the horse and that lady sounds straaight out MEAN o my goodness and ya what could she have done in 2 months and i cant believe she was going to trade him in only after 2 months..people these days. Also I did ask the lady when stormie was born and what her mom and dad were because I believe she is part manx but I am not positive and I was curious and she never emailed me back concerning any of that just the fleas and the ear mites and she said she did check her cats after my first email and that they all did have ear mites and she wasnt aware of it and so she took them all to the vet and she said sorry that she couldnt email me sooner because she was out of town so I am thinking about emailing her again with the questions that I mainly emailed about but she hasnt given me an answer to...but currently the kitten is ready to play and bella is under the covers pretty much pushing me off the bed lol, earlier she climbed under my legs I turned on my heater but our other cat midnight is sick but hes getting medicine too but I bella didnt get it and from her actions last night which was weird but hey they are playing together now which I am happy for and there aint many fights we had maybe like 5 and she will hiss and the kitten will run away but sometimes the kitten starts it by attacking bellas tail lol !