Man's greatest invention for the holidays!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shatterproof Christmas Decorations!

They are my faves...we've got a bunch of really expensive ones from a catalog that are super fancy & I'm getting more in K-Mart tonight to put on our Christmas tree this year. With the lot of kits I've got now....I know nothing that is breakable will survive the holiday season!

Anybody else love those things?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw them in a K-Mart ad. I bet if you checked in Wal Mart & Target they'd have them, too!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've got some really beautiful glass and porcelain Christmas ornaments that I haven't used in decades! I stick to cheap wooden or cloth ornaments, and replace those that were used as "prey" during the after-Xmas sales.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a great idea! With 4 kits and a 4 year old nephew, some get broke every year!!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got them last year, and my SIL is replacing all of hers with shatterproof ones this year... they made the mistake of putting a tree in their bedroom as it looked nice with the lights and Scully's sister Molly decided it was great fun to take decorations off the tree, carry to the landing and push over the edge at people walking below

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I got them last year, and my SIL is replacing all of hers with shatterproof ones this year... they made the mistake of putting a tree in their bedroom as it looked nice with the lights and Scully's sister Molly decided it was great fun to take decorations off the tree, carry to the landing and push over the edge at people walking below
OMG - I would have loved to have seen that!

The shatterproof ornaments sound great! I have some very delicate ones that I put high on the tree away from mischievous paws, but they still manage to get some down every year. And the ones on the bottom - well suffice it to say the tree has to get redecorated almost daily!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Years ago (when we decorated) Mom bought small plastic ornaments that went on the bottom limbs. Just in case kitty paws got curious.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Molly and 8-Bit could be twins!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom has cloth ornaments that she made from when all us kids were babies. I put them on the bottom of the tree last year, but dear sweet Lily felt this intense desire to take them off, carry them to the litterpan, & urinate on them!
I originally *thought* they were a good idea...