Radio question of the day: 11/16/16

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your family use the good china or paper plates for a holiday?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good china of course..but NOT the best china in the house...that's reserved for very special occasions....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

We use the good silverware
but we use the everyday dishes
Mom has good silverware too!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We use everyday dishes at my house. My mother has special Christmas dishes with Christmas trees on them that she breaks out for Christmas once a year.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grandma usually breaks out the good silverware, but there are so many of us and with little kids, she just uses the everyday plates and glasses.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The weekend stuff, usually.

The Corelle is for everyday. the Royal Worcester is for special occasions, without a mob at the table. The earthenware is for nice but not extraordinary, i.e. weekends/holidays. Paper is for parties.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Depends what we are eating!
I will break out my "good" stuff next week for Thanksgiving, and my sister-in-law will break out the good stuff on Christmas if they decide to cook a turkey. However, if we have a clam boil again, there is a good chance it will be paper plates.

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Depends where we're at... my mom uses all of her good stuff- especially when we have the small gathering with just our immediate family, she goes all out for that.

When we're at my other family members houses I think they use just their regular stuff.... but then again maybe that's the good stuff?! Not sure!

missinthesouth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Mom uses good china but it's buffet style. Dad uses regular everyday plates and stuff. My in-laws use paper plates. So hubby and I can choose our level of formality on the holidays!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My side of the family just uses the regular dinnerware, but it's all very nice and they use the good silver with it. J's side of the family uses paper plates, but there are usually about 15-20 of us around that table and that's a lot of people to clean up after!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My grandma always uses the china and the good silverware, actually silver. She's got festive holiday china. If it was me serving it, it would just be on everyday dishes. I don't even own china.