I'm a strange girl

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
any other ladies out there who HATE to go shopping, don't have more than 5 pairs of shoes, hardly ever wear makeup, and can't remember the last time they wore a skirt? I'm a disgrace to all womankind
any other forever tomboys out there?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me!

I'm a true tomboy and the best shopping I do is in Charity shops and very rarely do I come out with clothes!
I do have a skirt, but it never gets worn - people often wonder if I actually do have legs!

Then again, frilly things don't work too well with power tools, do they?

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty strange then Katie.....
......although I do enjoy shoppnig but not window shopping.......that's depressing. I only like to shop when I can buy.......but the rest is me!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I detest shopping. I have to be dragged out of the house to go buy jeans when my old pairs are falling apart. No exaggeration, I hate it that much. Apart from book shopping, if I've got money I like shopping for books.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

any other ladies out there who HATE to go shopping, don't have more than 5 pairs of shoes, hardly ever wear makeup, and can't remember the last time they wore a skirt? I'm a disgrace to all womankind
Hate shopping!!! With a passion!! 3 pairs of shoes - sneakers, black tie shoe thingys, and adidas flip-flops, 3 pairs of jeans and tons of sweatshirts and wind pants.
My poor mother gets so disgusted though because she loves to shop and just doesn't get why I don't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sar

Me!

I'm a true tomboy and the best shopping I do is in Charity shops and very rarely do I come out with clothes!
I do have a skirt, but it never gets worn - people often wonder if I actually do have legs!

Then again, frilly things don't work too well with power tools, do they?

Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I'm pretty strange then Katie.....
......although I do enjoy shoppnig but not window shopping.......that's depressing. I only like to shop when I can buy.......but the rest is me!
Well, the only time I really like to shop is when its someone else's money

Originally Posted by Epona

I detest shopping. I have to be dragged out of the house to go buy jeans when my old pairs are falling apart. No exaggeration, I hate it that much. Apart from book shopping, if I've got money I like shopping for books.
Clothes shopping is the worst!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Hate shopping!!! With a passion!! 3 pairs of shoes - sneakers, black tie shoe thingys, and adidas flip-flops, 3 pairs of jeans and tons of sweatshirts and wind pants.
My poor mother gets so disgusted though because she loves to shop and just doesn't get why I don't.
that's about me too! a pair of tennis shoes, black chunky shoes, and these ugly little pair of blue slip-ons

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Then I'm even stranger!!! I hate shopping with a passion EXCEPT for books and hardware shops - in them I can spend hours!!!!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I also hate clothes shopping. I thought I was the only woman who doesn't view shopping as a recreational sport. I do love shoes tho- I know it's odd. My favorite shopping is at Home Depot or Loews. I can always find some new project for my house.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate shopping, too! (Unless it's for something fun, like a new computer game or a book or some kind of techie gadget like an iPod.) I do have a bunch of shoes, though: I have short, wide feet, so when I find a pair of shoes that fit me well and comfortably, I buy them on the spot (sometimes in a variety of colours) and never let them go. I have sandals that are literally falling apart and leaving pieces behind, but because they fit me, I can't bring myself to throw them away.

I don't wear make-up, partly because most kinds make my skin break-out terribly, and partly because I honestly have no clue what to do with the stuff! I also skipped out on the girly lessons where they teach you how to do fun stuff with your hair: my hair is down to my butt, it's thick and curly, and in theory you could make it do pretty much whatever you want it to do, but I don't know how! The most I do with it is a sloppy knot, or a bun, or a ponytail, or sometimes when I'm feeling cute I'll put it in braided pigtails. That's it.

I do wear skirts, occasionally, but it's mostly out of sheer laziness: slip it on, throw on a top, and you're done. Pantyhose makes my skin crawl, though, so it has to be a pretty special occasion before I'll get that dressy. I own one dress (purchased for a summer wedding), but I have a ton of cute skirts and sarongs. I tend to just buy them without thinking of whether or not I have anything to match them, and I pretty much never throw them out or give them away -- even gaining/losing weight, I find skirts/sarongs can be extremely forgiving. Thank goodness.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I with you, Katie. Hate shopping unless absolutely necessary, have just a few pairs of shoes I wear all the time and have no use for skirts, but have to wear them more often than I'd like for work.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot stand clothes shopping. I make my husband go with me when I need clothes. I make him scout out my size in the basic colors, black, blue, tan and brown and bring to me to try on. When I find something that fits I buy several to last awhile and then we go. Takes half the time. Lucky for hubby I do this about once a year. Now I can browse the internet cooking sites and book stores and ebay for hours looking for a bargain.

Tricia

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Then I'm even stranger!!! I hate shopping with a passion EXCEPT for books and hardware shops - in them I can spend hours!!!!
Originally Posted by ckatz

I also hate clothes shopping. I thought I was the only woman who doesn't view shopping as a recreational sport. I do love shoes tho- I know it's odd. My favorite shopping is at Home Depot or Loews. I can always find some new project for my house.
Walmart is my store, I can wander around there for a bit
Originally Posted by Mirinae

I hate shopping, too! (Unless it's for something fun, like a new computer game or a book or some kind of techie gadget like an iPod.) I do have a bunch of shoes, though: I have short, wide feet, so when I find a pair of shoes that fit me well and comfortably, I buy them on the spot (sometimes in a variety of colours) and never let them go. I have sandals that are literally falling apart and leaving pieces behind, but because they fit me, I can't bring myself to throw them away.

I don't wear make-up, partly because most kinds make my skin break-out terribly, and partly because I honestly have no clue what to do with the stuff! I also skipped out on the girly lessons where they teach you how to do fun stuff with your hair: my hair is down to my butt, it's thick and curly, and in theory you could make it do pretty much whatever you want it to do, but I don't know how! The most I do with it is a sloppy knot, or a bun, or a ponytail, or sometimes when I'm feeling cute I'll put it in braided pigtails. That's it.

I do wear skirts, occasionally, but it's mostly out of sheer laziness: slip it on, throw on a top, and you're done. Pantyhose makes my skin crawl, though, so it has to be a pretty special occasion before I'll get that dressy. I own one dress (purchased for a summer wedding), but I have a ton of cute skirts and sarongs. I tend to just buy them without thinking of whether or not I have anything to match them, and I pretty much never throw them out or give them away -- even gaining/losing weight, I find skirts/sarongs can be extremely forgiving. Thank goodness.
I'm with ya on the hair thing Mirinae! I have long wavy hair and could probably make it look awesome, but its up in a ponytail or twisted with a jaw clip everyday
I'm actually pretty good with make-up though, i just don't wear it

Originally Posted by eilcon

I with you, Katie. Hate shopping unless absolutely necessary, have just a few pairs of shoes I wear all the time and have no use for skirts, but have to wear them more often than I'd like for work.
Thank goodness my office is ultra-casual.... jeans everyday for me!!!
Originally Posted by peachytoday

I cannot stand clothes shopping. I make my husband go with me when I need clothes. I make him scout out my size in the basic colors, black, blue, tan and brown and bring to me to try on. When I find something that fits I buy several to last awhile and then we go. Takes half the time. Lucky for hubby I do this about once a year. Now I can browse the internet cooking sites and book stores and ebay for hours looking for a bargain.

Tricia
internet shopping is extremely dangerous for me!! I basically get al lmy clothes as hand-me-downs from my Mom and sister- who love to shop and don't wera half the stuff they buy

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

You just described me. Well, actually I can remember the last time I wore a skirt - August 12 - to a wedding! But it's quite infrequent, and the rest is spot on. Nice to know I'm not alone.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Over here!
Gave up skirts/dresses in high school (except for the rare formal occasion). Most of my shoes are flip-flops. When I need good shoes I get SAS - and since they are expensive they have to last me 3 years.

I need a new pair of shoes soon. Just haven't had the energy to go get them. I guess I could order online, but I like to try shoes on to make sure they fit right.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yep! I can't even remember the last time I wore a skirt/dress. I don't wear makeup either and I hate shopping.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Oh yes!
I'm in my element when I'm in a DIY shop or Timber Yard!

I'm with ya on the hair thing Mirinae! I have long wavy hair and could probably make it look awesome, but its up in a ponytail or twisted with a jaw clip everyday
I'm actually pretty good with make-up though, i just don't wear it
I'm the same! I had waist length hair until I chopped it off to below shoulder length recently (hate going to the hairdressers too!) yet I still have it scruffily tied back into a 'blob'

When my friends would be going for a night out in College and Uni, they would always have me do their hair and make-up for them! Yet I don't wear make-up at all!

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom shakes her head because my sis and I are so different. She was the more "girly" one who delighted in frilly panties as a child. I preferred plain cotton briefs.

And being dark haired with a dark complexion, my Mom loved dressing me in pink frilly things. Even as a baby I revolted against pink frills!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Over here!
Gave up skirts/dresses in high school (except for the rare formal occasion). Most of my shoes are flip-flops. When I need good shoes I get SAS - and since they are expensive they have to last me 3 years.

I need a new pair of shoes soon. Just haven't had the energy to go get them. I guess I could order online, but I like to try shoes on to make sure they fit right.
HMmmmm.....multi-quote is NOT working for me...

I wear SAS sandals in the summer (I buy them on eBay for usually less than a third of the retail price, so I get 3 pair for the price of one!!) leather riding boots on my motorcycle and Ugg boots in the winter, and go barefoot as often as possible. I have one pair of black sneakers.

I do not wear any makeup at all, unless I'm going out for a VERY special occasion. I have waist-length hair, and it's either down straight or up in a ponytail. In the summer I put it up in a bun.

I like shopping online, but hate crowds and crying or ill-behaved children in public places, not to mention the fact that I loathe standing in lines for any reason. Clothes shopping isn't fun, it's downright depressing and stressful.

I do wear the occasional full-length skirt, especially if I need to do laundry (LOL) or if I'm doing a candle-party, but all my business suits are pantsuits. (I have two pairs of black flats that I wear with my suits, both are the same style.)

My feet are WIIIIIDE, a size 6 1/2 EE, and womens wide sizes only go up to size D, so I couldn't become a shoe freak if I tried. There just aren't many that will fit me, EVER, and I can't wear heels if you paid me - they cause hip pain, so that's out.

I think you and I have at least a couple things in common, Katie.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

My Mom shakes her head because my sis and I are so different. She was the more "girly" one who delighted in frilly panties as a child. I preferred plain cotton briefs.

And being dark haired with a dark complexion, my Mom loved dressing me in pink frilly things. Even as a baby I revolted against pink frills!
My little sister is a TOTAL girly-girl!!! never leaves the house without doing her hair and the full complement of makeup.... and pink is her fave color!!