It rained so hard last night, we almost wrecked

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On my way home from work we almost ran off the road several times. The driveways were washed out into the main road and that made it even worse. We had water going down the road and across and we had to slow down to like 20 mph. And even then we had to slow down more at times. It was raining so hard that we couldn't even hardly see. I don't know how we even made it home. Because I could feel the car sliding all over the road. My dad said the tires on my car were slick. And the sides of our roads on alot of spots have drop offs. Especially by the really nasty curves. I don't know why they didn't make more of a edgeing to the road. We had to stop completely when cars would pass us because he couldn't keep the car out of the middle of the road. And we also had to really watch for deer cause they like to get on the move when its like that.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOW! I'm glad you made it home safe! That was an awful storm yesterday
we got hit with it too up here. I'm just happy your ok

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my! I'm glad you made it home safe!

The weather has been weird all over. Our west coast has been getting huge amounts of rain and flooding. Where I live it's usually sub zero temperatures by now and snow on the ground. We've been getting above zero temps and all the snow we had has melted.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had it, too. I'm glad I didn't have to go out in it. (I need new tires, too.
)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's raining hard as I type this. I was in the shower just a bit ago and I thought the wind was peeling the siding off my house! (metal siding is wonderful! Ever made music with a saw? Multiply that noise a bunch!)

On the up side...at least the cars are getting a power washing!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had extremely heavy rain all day long here - it started last night! Lots of water on the roads because it was coming down too hard for the storm drains to handle it. Looks like in Toronto, they were worried that the Don River would overflow and flood the DVP at one point!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's strange is at the time all I could think about was my dad's safety. I didn't even think about me. I was more worried because of him being an older man and a diabetic. Is that strange.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

What's strange is at the time all I could think about was my dad's safety. I didn't even think about me. I was more worried because of him being an older man and a diabetic. Is that strange.
Nope not strange at all. We worry sometimes more about people we care about